The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 409 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Notice one of the things he does is sets the heat on the TIG and then the pedal is simply an on off switch. Keeping the weld exactly the same is the trick, again, no change in heat, the HAZ zone stays the same.

I am finding it very interesting.

Brian
Randy is right that it would be easier to pull off with a TIG. O/A is going to have a bigger HAZ and a MIG is going to have excessive filler material by it's very design. You can not keep from adding filler with a MIG whether you need it or not.

John

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (12-15-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210 View Post
Today was attempted Christmas shopping. I say "attempted" because I wandered the malls in search of ideas - but I am obviously too stupid to think of things for my wife

Yesterday we hosted the Christmas party for one of my hotrod clubs. Had about 15 folks over. Next door neighbors had their annual Christmas open house for friends and business partners etc at the same time, so between the two events, we had the whole street jammed full of parked cars!
I am so over this shopping. I can not get a decent wish list from my wife. I have been sitting here going through Amazon just looking for ideas.. NaDa, zilch, nuthin.

I don't get it. I could tell her enough things I would like to have to bankrupt us. Surely there is something she wants. If there is I am still trying to figure it out.

John
Old 12-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

The Tig is a controled heat spot..(very small spot)..
Old 12-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
I am so over this shopping. I can not get a decent wish list from my wife. I have been sitting here going through Amazon just looking for ideas.. NaDa, zilch, nuthin.

I don't get it. I could tell her enough things I would like to have to bankrupt us. Surely there is something she wants. If there is I am still trying to figure it out.

John
I have the same problem with mine... She never ask for anything..(ever) Makes it so hard for me to buy her anything..I have to watch and listen very close...
Old 12-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:
Today was attempted Christmas shopping. I say "attempted" because I wandered the malls in search of ideas - but I am obviously too stupid to think of things for my wife

Yesterday we hosted the Christmas party for one of my hotrod clubs. Had about 15 folks over. Next door neighbors had their annual Christmas open house for friends and business partners etc at the same time, so between the two events, we had the whole street jammed full of parked cars!
My ex-wife she was the drama queen type, I never had to think about it, there would be a list a mile long or she would be telling me over and over. My forever wife, she honestly is so low maintenance it's crazy. I have no idea what so ever what to get her.

Brian
Old 12-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:

John

LOLOLOLOL, ain't that the truth! LOLOL, "Here you go honey, it's the SnapOn man's phone number, he will help you out".

Holy crap, I think we will be getting a few things for the both of us, like the external harddrive we need so badly for the computer,that will solve the problem.

Brian
Old 12-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
LOLOLOLOL, ain't that the truth! LOLOL, "Here you go honey, it's the SnapOn man's phone number, he will help you out".

Holy crap, I think we will be getting a few things for the both of us, like the external harddrive we need so badly for the computer,that will solve the problem.

Brian
Buying a joint gift might be the perfect solution.

I wonder what she is going to do with her half of a TIG welder............

John
Old 12-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Didn't work on this yet <can anyone tell me what it is,is it worth buying
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1471078_10201819718673139_425407100_n.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	105522  
Old 12-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Never mind it just went from 200 to 1000 dollars
Old 12-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Quote:
Buying a joint gift might be the perfect solution.

I wonder what she is going to do with her half of a TIG welder............

John

weld the doors shut if you don't bring some thing else
The Following User Says Thank You to 496CHEVY3100 For This Useful Post:
John long (12-15-2013)
Old 12-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Well - let's see.

I could get her clothes - except that I have NO concept of what she likes, whether or not she would like "this" or would wear "that" (never mind "would it fit?") (or is this "her color")

Shoes? Ditto

Perfume? She never uses it.

Jewelry? She would rather pick out her own. Same with purses & other accessories.

Of course we could all become hopeless romantics and buy our wives dishwashers or new kitchen stuff or new pots & pans.

(Yup - that'll make her feel special and valued and loved )

Once upon a time, I had gotten my secretary a scarf and a bottle of Chanel #5 for Christmas - and she started crying and crying because she was so happy to get that, and I - her boss - had gotten her something feminine and nice that made her feel good about herself while her idiot husband never got her anything personal or special - he had gotten her a new vacuum and a new microwave.

There's a lesson here, guys!

Problem is - as my wife says, if there is something she wants, she goes out and gets it, so there is no "I want" list. Sounds like we are all facing the same issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave57210 For This Useful Post:
496CHEVY3100 (12-16-2013), John long (12-15-2013)
Old 12-16-2013, 06:56 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
I guess I need to post a picture of my new stand as well...

I was fortunate enough to borrow a set without the stand, just the hand lever...I had a dime size blister in my palm within 30 min so when I bought my own set I also bought the stand. I didnt have time to make a stand. The one thing I can say about the stand is I cant believe how much easier it is to use with the stand ....first off you get to use both hands and you can really get a lot more power and control...you'll wonder how you ever managed without the stand...
Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:

John
I bought my wife a drill press....I hope she likes it...
Well,OK, that was last year...This year she'll be getting a pile off PT wood to build a patio deck she designed....Then all I have to do is build it so Thats a gift that keeps on giving...Right? heck it'll take a few months to finish hopefully by May. Everybodys happy, she gets her super deck and I get to build it for her..I actually get two presents by getting hers Not only do I enjoy working with wood but when its done she'll want to show me just how much she apprcieates me....
Old 12-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Quote:
Well - let's see.

I could get her clothes - except that I have NO concept of what she likes, whether or not she would like "this" or would wear "that" (never mind "would it fit?") (or is this "her color")

Shoes? Ditto

Perfume? She never uses it.

Jewelry? She would rather pick out her own. Same with purses & other accessories.

Of course we could all become hopeless romantics and buy our wives dishwashers or new kitchen stuff or new pots & pans.

(Yup - that'll make her feel special and valued and loved )

Once upon a time, I had gotten my secretary a scarf and a bottle of Chanel #5 for Christmas - and she started crying and crying because she was so happy to get that, and I - her boss - had gotten her something feminine and nice that made her feel good about herself while her idiot husband never got her anything personal or special - he had gotten her a new vacuum and a new microwave.

There's a lesson here, guys!

Problem is - as my wife says, if there is something she wants, she goes out and gets it, so there is no "I want" list. Sounds like we are all facing the same issue.

I guess I had better re think ,I was sure my wife wanted a new Linclon Tig welder..??Mabe that is not what she was thinking..
Old 12-16-2013, 07:23 AM

Last photo:

lol i always go out and get my gf a gift card this way she can get whatever the hell she wants and i dont have to try and figure out what she wants.

unless i know what she wants for xmas then ill just go get it

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.