The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 417 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210 View Post
Spent a large chunk of today wrapping presents for the family

Put Christmas music on the stereo (The Ventures Christmas album is playing as I type this) and pretend to know what I'm doing with the giftwrap and tape and tags.

As I tell folks - this was wrapped with love, not skill or dexterity!

Just don't get into "Wipe Out" and start drumming the gift you are wrapping ,LOL

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 06:23 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Just don't get into "Wipe Out" and start drumming the gift you are wrapping ,LOL
That's what the empty wrapping paper tubes are for!

BB
Old 12-24-2013, 06:32 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Well some one built it first ,I want one of these.
Looks like it could be pretty simple David, if you got a dually and just cut the wheelbase down and dropped the mid 50's truck cab and box on it.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Making room for the diesel and wiring would be the biggest problem,,unless I used a pre 99 cummins not electronic but they are 12 valve instead of 24.v HO
Old 12-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
That's what the empty wrapping paper tubes are for!

BB

I thought the were for playing Zorro with the grand kids.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:18 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Cleaned up the Corvair a little today and put the top down.

Mitch, you sure are establishing an eclectic collection........ Didn't clean up too bad.....
Old 12-24-2013, 10:33 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnit View Post
Mitch, you sure are establishing an eclectic collection........ Didn't clean up too bad.....
Yeah, decided to go topless...
This was supposed to be the parts donor. I bought it for the engine but the body is too good to scrap. Engine will go in a '66 Corsa convert.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:15 PM

Last journal entry: New Rev wheels and BFG KDW II tires
Last photo:

I worked on putting new projector beam HID headlights and led signals on my plow truck. The stock lights were so horrible I couldn't take it anymore.

I tested them out and they work good but need to check the drivers side as it has a flare coming off the cutoff line. Maybe it's the bulb not seating correctly or something is up with the shield.

These are 6k bulbs. Maybe I will try some 4.3k's and see how they look. They are supposed to be closer to what comes stock in vehicles and actually provide more light even though they aren't as pure white color.

I drove it around a little bit tonight and it's actually a pleasure to drive now that I can see. I bought some relays and think I will still modify the circuit to take juice directly from the battery. This should make them a little brighter yet and take the strain off the dash switch.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Wrench Turner

Last photo:

Yep,the realys are a good idea.Those switches burn out fairly.I just about have replace mine every year or so.Seems to start goin out every year @ the start of cold weather.O'reilly's is wishing they didn't give me a lifetime warranty on them now.I think I've gone thru 5 & only pd for 1.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:35 AM

Last photo:

Yeah the original one still seems to be working ok but know the relays help take the main load off from it. I may do the 4 hi relay mod too. I put the Sylvania Ultra's in the high beams and they seem to work pretty well.

I replaced all the linkage in the steering since the idler was really loose. It wasn't much fun getting the drag link off. Everything else was pretty easy. I took it in to get an alignment but they said the lower ball joints were wore more than they like. They showed me how the check them by jacking the front up and using a bar under the tire. I didn't think they were as bad as they were.

I'll replace both the uppers and lowers even though they said the uppers still looked ok. Probably replace the bushings too. Rock Auto has a 5% discount for anyone until Feb 23, 2014. Maybe new shocks too. This truck is going to be like new.

Quote:

Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart. If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Apply" button to the right of the field. Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your parts order total. Orders using discount codes must be placed online. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts.
New wheels and tire this week too. Goodyear Duratrack 265/75-16's and Level 8 MK6 wheels.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:39 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
I thought the were for playing Zorro with the grand kids.
Also good for making Moose calls.

BB
Old 12-25-2013, 07:46 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64SS327 View Post
I worked on putting new projector beam HID headlights and led signals on my plow truck. The stock lights were so horrible I couldn't take it anymore.

I tested them out and they work good but need to check the drivers side as it has a flare coming off the cutoff line. Maybe it's the bulb not seating correctly or something is up with the shield.

These are 6k bulbs. Maybe I will try some 4.3k's and see how they look. They are supposed to be closer to what comes stock in vehicles and actually provide more light even though they aren't as pure white color.

I drove it around a little bit tonight and it's actually a pleasure to drive now that I can see. I bought some relays and think I will still modify the circuit to take juice directly from the battery. This should make them a little brighter yet and take the strain off the dash switch.

Looking good. You are using a H/D relay in the circuit arn't you? Your right it will be a strain on the dash switch/

BB
Old 12-25-2013, 07:52 AM

Last photo:

I've got the relays. I Just need to hook them up. They are Hella heavy duty 40amp sealed relays. Too much going on with Christmas right now.

I just got the lights hooked up to make sure everything works correctly first. Then install them in the harness.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Wrench Turner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64SS327 View Post
Yeah the original one still seems to be working ok but know the relays help take the main load off from it. I may do the 4 hi relay mod too. I put the Sylvania Ultra's in the high beams and they seem to work pretty well.

I replaced all the linkage in the steering since the idler was really loose. It wasn't much fun getting the drag link off. Everything else was pretty easy. I took it in to get an alignment but they said the lower ball joints were wore more than they like. They showed me how the check them by jacking the front up and using a bar under the tire. I didn't think they were as bad as they were.

I'll replace both the uppers and lowers even though they said the uppers still looked ok. Probably replace the bushings too. Rock Auto has a 5% discount for anyone until Feb 23, 2014. Maybe new shocks too. This truck is going to be like new.

New wheels and tire this week too. Goodyear Duratrack 265/75-16's and Level 8 MK6 wheels.

I'm thinkin about installing the Hi Beam thing also so that all 4 H/L come on in HI beam.I've replaced my upper ball joints,but,now everything else is wore out.I've ruined my tires.Can't complain tho.After 550,000 miles,everything is original cept the upper balljoints.Bout time to jack it up & drive a new 1 under it !!! LOL.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:00 AM

Last photo:

I'll be happy if this one can make it to that. There was no way it was from how the past owners had treated her. Hopefully she will pay me back for all the things I've done to her.

These are the relays I got. Their expensive but I figured it wasn't a good idea to skimp on something like the headlights.

Waterproof Relay Kit 40Amp 12V SEALED Relay Socket Terminals Mounting Tab | eBay

I looked around and couldn't find this particular relay and plug any cheaper.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.