The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 45 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,165 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
The quickest way to ruin a great Hobbie is to start doing it for money or other people...My problem is I love doing all the work at the body shop but dealing with people that dont appreciate or have any clue of whats involved in this work and act like your ripping them off really takes its toll on the fun factor so its tough to get started but like Brian says just "15 min" It really works. A couple months ago I uncovered the car and just sat there thinking about all the work that still had to be done...But finally today I got the fever again and worked on it 10 hrs and took it for a quick spin ,got tomorrow all planned out. cant wait to get up and go....
Thanks Brian
Right on! I am just around the corner from doing that too! I can't believe it, I can't wait to see my sons face when he gets to drive it.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 06:49 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I swear the hotrod gods are against me...yesterday I took a quick spin around the parking lot ,it needed some tweeking timing ,plugs ,etc So today I finished fabbing and welding the rad suppoort ,tuned it up. let it run for about an hr while checking its vitals...when I was sure it was ready to go down the road I hopped in did a smokin burnout in the parking lot and started heading down the road when all of a sudden the heavens opened up and it started pouring buckets of rain...You ever see a car thats been sitting in a bodyshop for a year and how much dust collects on it ???? well with no wipers and looking through a mud puddle that was my windshield I had to turn around after about 50 feet ,my head was soaking wet from sticking it out the windshield so I could see...BUT IM PUMPED ....WHAT A RIDE !!!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: this is only a test
Last photo:

Quote:
I swear the hotrod gods are against me...yesterday I took a quick spin around the parking lot ,it needed some tweeking timing ,plugs ,etc So today I finished fabbing and welding the rad suppoort ,tuned it up. let it run for about an hr while checking its vitals...when I was sure it was ready to go down the road I hopped in did a smokin burnout in the parking lot and started heading down the road when all of a sudden the heavens opened up and it started pouring buckets of rain...You ever see a car thats been sitting in a bodyshop for a year and how much dust collects on it ???? well with no wipers and looking through a mud puddle that was my windshield I had to turn around after about 50 feet ,my head was soaking wet from sticking it out the windshield so I could see...BUT IM PUMPED ....WHAT A RIDE !!!!!
oh, I can just see it now
Old 03-23-2012, 07:50 PM
CHEVY OR BUST

sloved the timing issue with the nova, took the right header off, cut the dumb ball and socket end off, welded on the existing flange, and bolted up the purple hornie! Drivers side tomorrow and shift linkage that the headers are now blocking
Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 PM
CHEVY OR BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts37chev

TOO MUCH>>>>DIED LAUGHING AT T HE PIC
Old 03-23-2012, 07:59 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts37chev
LOLOLOL

Brian
Old 03-23-2012, 09:14 PM

Last journal entry: The death of Blue
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 17

Started teaching myself body work AND welding

Exciting day. Decided to take on smoothing the firewall by welding on new plates over the top. Saw it in Custom Classic Trucks mag, thought I'd give it a whirl before attacking cab corners. Well, the first panel was UGLY, horrible. Brian may have a small coronary after seeing these.

So, I applied ALOT of lessons learned, and did the second panel. MUCH better. Finished it up tonight, gonna grind it down tomorrow and it's good!

Also learned a few things about welding.
#1 slag doesn't burn your shoe. It burns THROUGH your shoe. And sock. And part of the toe.
#2 the accompanying dance from above incident is kinda funny in retrospect.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicariouslynova
TOO MUCH>>>>DIED LAUGHING AT T HE PIC
LOL, me too...

Hey JMSTOY,you welding with gas?????
Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Last photo:

LOL, nothing a little grinding and bondo won't fix. Well, except for the toe, that's different. Oh heck yes I have had my fair share of burns from slag like that.

Brian
Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
LOLOLOL...
Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 PM

Last photo:

It cracks me up how I will know by the colored dust that a car or part as been sitting in a body shop when I am walking around a swap meet. It's like the rings on a tree, you can tell how long it's been in there.

Brian
Old 03-23-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
LOL, nothing a little grinding and bondo won't fix. Well, except for the toe, that's different. Oh heck yes I have had my fair share of burns from slag like that.

Brian
LOL,Theres no dancing at my shop if your having that much fun you have to pay a cover....
Old 03-23-2012, 10:23 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
LOL,Theres no dancing at my shop if your having that much fun you have to pay a cover....
I have a guy who will want to record me dancing, I love to dance and will throw a few moves when it strikes me. He will want me to repeat it and I always say "Unless you have bought a ticket I don't perform for free".

Brian
Old 03-24-2012, 06:14 AM

Good grief......It's still raining...
I may have to sacrafice a lawn mower at the alter (my welding table).maybe a good oil letting will please the HR Gods...
Old 03-24-2012, 06:17 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Well we had several inches of snow on Thursday, and then Friday was warm and sunny! Weird weather, and pretty late snowfall for us. But it was so nice I spent the day just running around in the Austin visiting friends.
One of my buddies wasn't too keen on the big monster Autometer tach I have in the gasser, so he gave me an old Mallory tach he had sitting on a shelf. Guess I have to do some swapping now and put the Autometer in my Suburban (without the shift light) and put the old school Mallory in the gasser.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.