The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 47 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,083 Times in 966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat
I moved the anglia over to a storage garage, to make some shop room for another project, hopefully it won't "be out of sight out of mind" for to long
Poor Anglia, It looks so lonely, I'll bet if I were to talk to her she would jump over that 2x4 gate you have under her tire and come to my house where she would be loved.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 12:41 PM

Last photo:

^ LOLOL, thats funny right there!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:57 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

MISSION ACOMPLISHED !!!!!
Put about 10 miles on the 48, its first shake down run. The first 2-3 miles nice N ez then the rest an ez 45 mph adjusted the shocks and air bags till it rode like a dream it went nice and straight but might have a slight bump steer issue. I'll take it down for an alignment and see for sure...after my little ride I did quite a few burnouts in the parking and put on a little smoke show. My shops on one of only two roads going to a major mall so there was plenty of traffic and lotsa thumbs up...I was feelin goooood....
..........................................then the cops showed up ........................
but parked at the other end of the lot
so I said what the heck ,its my dang parking lot and I really smoked em up ,got it sideways and everything ,then the tinted window came down and the thumb came up and off he went.
I got it all out of my system ,did my shake down ...now I can seperate the body and frame and start painting the frame and underside of the car....
first they said it would never run,then they said I'd never drive it ,then they said it'll never get painted.They almost had me convinced every time ....I guess its ok to listen to people say something cant be done just never believe them.....If you want something bad enough and work hard at it... You'll have it.....building a car is an investment in time just like saving money,A 1,000.00 might be a little hard to get but saving 20.00 a week isnt too hard ,in a year you'll have it Just like Brians 15 minutes....right now all I can say after hundreds and hundreds of hours of work is.......It was well worth it....
Old 03-25-2012, 01:08 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Poor Anglia, It looks so lonely, I'll bet if I were to talk to her she would jump over that 2x4 gate you have under her tire and come to my house where she would be loved.

Brian
Oh she's loved enough, just sometimes the problem comes along where money is needed to continue feeding this nasty hot rodders habit,
So it needs some resting time, away from all the cutting. grinding, welding, that is gonna be taking place in her spot, which adds up to a little moola to spend on her,,
That 2x6 is all that kept it from rolling back out of the garage,, it tried to follow us home, went to shut the door, and it was gaining speed, if I had managed to get the door closed,, it would have bent that aluminum door up pretty good,
The 2x6 is all I could find to stop it,,
Old 03-25-2012, 02:23 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
Put about 10 miles on the 48, its first shake down run. The first 2-3 miles nice N ez then the rest an ez 45 mph adjusted the shocks and air bags till it rode like a dream it went nice and straight but might have a slight bump steer issue. I'll take it down for an alignment and see for sure...after my little ride I did quite a few burnouts in the parking and put on a little smoke show. My shops on one of only two roads going to a major mall so there was plenty of traffic and lotsa thumbs up...I was feelin goooood....
..........................................then the cops showed up ........................
so I said what the heck ,its my dang parking lot and I really smoked em up ,got it sideways and everything ,then the tinted window came down and the thumb came up and off he went.
I got it all out of my system ,did my shake down ...now I can seperate the body and frame and start painting the frame and underside of the car....
first they said it would never run,then they said I'd never drive it ,then they said it'll never get painted.They almost had me convinced every time ....I guess its ok to listen to people say something cant be done just never believe them.....If you want something bad enough and work hard at it... You'll have it.....building a car is an investment in time just like saving money,A 1,000.00 might be a little hard to get but saving 20.00 a week isnt too hard ,in a year you'll have it Just like Brians 15 minutes....right now all I can say after hundreds and hundreds of hours of work is.......It was well worth it....

This post is useless without pics.

Come on, cough em up.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:16 PM

Last journal entry: studebaker m5
Last photo:

work?

i fixed the hood on my willys truck..last fall i forgot to latch it..then at about 60mph the hood came up,and yanked the grilled and brand new radiator into the engine cooling cooling fan..warping the hood,buckled the grill and ruined a new $250 radiator..thats the only kind of repairs i HATE!!!!..it's one thing to fix a customers damaged rod..but quite another when you do it to yourself from sheer NUMBNESS!! Well..if jams,Force it!..if it breaks..then it needed replacing anyways!
Old 03-25-2012, 04:53 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Awesome!

Brian
Old 03-25-2012, 04:59 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greazyball
i fixed the hood on my willys truck..last fall i forgot to latch it..then at about 60mph the hood came up,and yanked the grilled and brand new radiator into the engine cooling cooling fan..warping the hood,buckled the grill and ruined a new $250 radiator..thats the only kind of repairs i HATE!!!!..it's one thing to fix a customers damaged rod..but quite another when you do it to yourself from sheer NUMBNESS!! Well..if jams,Force it!..if it breaks..then it needed replacing anyways!
Now that sucks! I can relate, though not as bad, to a 16 year old it was pretty bad though. I removed the latch for some reason (don't remember) and I then took it for a little spin. I was rolling down the road when the hood started hopping up and down, I realized what I had done and tried to stomp on the brakes to bring it to a halt. Who knows, either it was simply when it chose to separate from the truck or my hard braking made the front end dive and the hood stayed up and caught the wind. What ever it was that hood was ripped from the truck and GONE. I mean GONE. I was looking out the rear window waiting for it to come down on top of one of the cars parked on the street but it hit right in the middle of the street thank God!

I took this photo when I got it back home.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DocImage22.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	64320  
Old 03-25-2012, 05:02 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
I couldnt weld any better than you using a flux welder but in no time at all you could weld as well as me with a mig conversion.I'd be willing to bet you could get it done for around 100.00...right now you probably dont mind all the grinding but it gets old real fast ,You have a welding and gringing sock for your forearms those are a big help...
Couple things to consider when converting to MIG vs. just flux core wire welders. You need a welder that can change polarity easily, as gas shielding runs reverse polarity to flux core. You also need a gas solenoid to start the gas flow when you hit the trigger, and of course a whole different gun to flow gas as it guides the wire and welds. You'll also need to purchase a tank and 75/25 mix gas. That's about $180 alone for a full bottle purchased in the medium 80 size.
It' still cheaper than buying another welder, and the welds will be cleaner, nicer, and just way better too! Only thing flux does better is weld dirty rusty metal.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:09 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

We weent to a wap meet yeterday, and jut a we pulled in my buddy's 1956 Chevy gasser blew the rearend. I mean dead in the water, no movement blown! There were three of us there, so we pushed it to the curb and locked it up.
Went ahead and went to the swap meet since we were there, and 2nd stall in the door a guy has a complete 3rd member for a '55-'64 Chevy sitting on his tailgate. It was 3.36 and he had 3.73, but it was also $40, so he grabbed it and tossed it in the trunk of the '56.
Called AAA and they hauled it home on a flatbed. Today we tore out the old 3rd member and the spiders had literally exploded! The ring and pinion were perfect, so we dropped in the 3.36 rear in a couple hours and later he can replace the spiders and side gears and have a good spare.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:14 PM

Last photo:

I have some NORS 4:11 gears for that as I remember.

Brian
Old 03-25-2012, 06:20 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy
This post is useless without pics.

Come on, cough em up.
I'll do ya one better than that ,stay tuned...maybe the po po will show up again, LOL
Old 03-25-2012, 06:35 PM

Last journal entry: Body work
Last photo:

Installed the freshly ceramic coated exhaust system in the turbo rambler and had my grandsons, (two three year olds) help me change the oil in the wife's car.
Wow....what a challenge.
Like bad rat says, " Those two boys could destroy a tank with a rubber hammer".

I hope you aren't going to lose intrest in that Anglia Bill.

Ed
Old 03-25-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: this is only a test
Last photo:

Quote:
very cool
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanLT1
Installed the freshly ceramic coated exhaust system in the turbo rambler and had my grandsons, (two three year olds) help me change the oil in the wife's car.
Wow....what a challenge.
Like bad rat says, " Those two boys could destroy a tank with a rubber hammer".

I hope you aren't going to lose intrest in that Anglia Bill.

Ed
Thats no joke,, my daughters twin 9y/o are a human wrecking crew, a sherman tank wouldn't stand a chance,,,
Nope not a chance,, Its in storage for a couple of months untill I can get another project done, I started a new business building forklift attachments, that will hopefully sell , so I want to test the waters a little to see how they are going to sell, before I jump in and lease a commercial space to build them,,

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.