The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 48 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #706 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2012, 10:10 PM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 13,234
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,355
Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,051 Posts
Well got nothing done on the car, didn't even get over to the Goodguys, that would have been nice. But it was finishing up the room at the M-I-L's house and a track meet with my daughter competing. I didn't get anything done on the car but damn I had a FULL day, been running since 8 this morning until just now pulling in and heating up a bowl of left overs for dinner at 9:00!

Brian

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #707 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 AM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 49
Posts: 10,122
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,295
Thanked 577 Times in 425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat
I moved the anglia over to a storage garage, to make some shop room for another project, hopefully it won't "be out of sight out of mind" for to long

I can think of a good place for that Anglia...

And it will be OUT OF SIGHT !!!!! For sure !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #708 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Bad Rat's Avatar
Member
 

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Oregon Wetlands
Age: 76
Posts: 507
Wiki Edits: 2

Thanks: 60
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
I can think of a good place for that Anglia...

And it will be OUT OF SIGHT !!!!! For sure !!!!!
Good idea,, only if it gets FINISHED before I come to Pick it up
But I need to store it longer than a week,, at the speed you get things done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #709 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 12:10 PM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 49
Posts: 10,122
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,295
Thanked 577 Times in 425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat
Good idea,, only if it gets FINISHED before I come to Pick it up
But I need to store it longer than a week,, at the speed you get things done

Sounds like a plan..

That will give me plenty enough time to make sure it's all ready for you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #710 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Bad Rat's Avatar
Member
 

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Oregon Wetlands
Age: 76
Posts: 507
Wiki Edits: 2

Thanks: 60
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Sounds like a plan..

That will give me plenty enough time to make sure it's all ready for you...
You are paying shipping RIGHT,, long ways from Oregon to Louisana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #711 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 12:35 PM
malc's Avatar
Living At The Speed Of Life
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Espaņa Right Coast
Age: 63
Posts: 3,273
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 94
Thanked 103 Times in 86 Posts
Iīm "restoring" an old treadle sewing machine base,
wiffy wants to plop a marble top on it and use it as
a table for her leg of "Pata Negra".

Example.


Canīt stand it myself...... .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #712 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 26
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i made this decklid out of some flooring scraps and painted the tailgate

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #713 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 02:10 PM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 13,234
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,355
Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malc
Iīm "restoring" an old treadle sewing machine base,
wiffy wants to plop a marble top on it and use it as
a table for her leg of "Pata Negra".

Example.


Canīt stand it myself...... .
Ummmmm, I don't know what to say. Honestly, in the words of Ben Jabituya from the movie "Short Circuit", "I am standing here beside my self".


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6TLYwelOPk

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #714 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 02:54 PM
1971BB427's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Portland
Posts: 1,752
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 14
Thanked 289 Times in 251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat
You are paying shipping RIGHT,, long ways from Oregon to Louisana
Let me step in and end the whole question of shipping, and where it will feel at home Bill! Since I'm jut across the Willamette, and I already have a old British car too, might as well store it here. Besides, my Austin is done and I could actually devote time to finishing it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #715 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 04:24 PM
starnest's Avatar
elkyholic
 

Last journal entry: Center Link Installed
Last photo:
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 60
Posts: 327
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malc
Example.


No. 5

Looks like, resembles: Petrified Pterodactyl Poop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #716 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 05:08 PM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 49
Posts: 10,122
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,295
Thanked 577 Times in 425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427
Let me step in and end the whole question of shipping, and where it will feel at home Bill! Since I'm jut across the Willamette, and I already have a old British car too, might as well store it here. Besides, my Austin is done and I could actually devote time to finishing it!

Man !!! are you kidding me ???

He doesn't have to worry about any riding,, I mean shipping cost..

And he already know's where it would feel more at home ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #717 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 05:57 PM
1971BB427's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Portland
Posts: 1,752
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 14
Thanked 289 Times in 251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Man !!! are you kidding me ???

He doesn't have to worry about any riding,, I mean shipping cost..

And he already know's where it would feel more at home ..
Yeah but I'm closer when he wants it back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #718 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Member
 

Last journal entry: Body work
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: phoenix Az
Age: 59
Posts: 246
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Tried to take some pics of the exhaust in the Rambler but it's hard when it's not that high off the ground and it kind of blends with the frame because I had it done in black.
I did get the waste gates and dump tubes installed today and finished the upper section of the firewall. I can't believe how long it takes me to find the fasteners to install stuff.
I feel bad for you Bob and everyone in the cold country.. it was about 70 degrees here today but soon it will be, surface of the sun hot.
I know what you mean Brian, the salvage yard here that had several little Ramblers a few years ago has nothing worth taking now.
Had to build a fort out of foam insulation panels around my car to keep my grandsons from burning it to the ground



Last edited by americanLT1; 03-26-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #719 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 08:26 PM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 49
Posts: 10,122
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,295
Thanked 577 Times in 425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427
Yeah but I'm closer when he wants it back!

Yea.. I guess your right..

BUT !!!! sometimes you don't mind the extra miles to get what you really want..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #720 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2012, 08:30 PM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 49
Posts: 10,122
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,295
Thanked 577 Times in 425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanLT1
Tried to take some pics of the exhaust in the Rambler but it's hard when it's not that high off the ground and it kind of blends with the frame because I had it done in black.
I did get the waste gates and dump tubes installed today and finished the upper section of the firewall. I can't believe how long it takes me to find the fasteners to install stuff.
I feel bad for you Bob and everyone in the cold country.. it was about 70 degrees here today but soon it will be, surface of the sun hot.
I know what you mean Brian, the salvage yard here that had several little Ramblers a few years ago has nothing worth taking now.
Had to build a fort out of foam insulation panels around my car to keep my grandsons from burning it to the ground
Looking very good..
You are making some nice head way on your build.. Will be a piece of art for sure..Keep up the great job ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hahaha Remember that "Hemi in a Camaro" thread... Crazy Mopar Guy Hotrodding Basics 14 09-25-2014 01:32 PM
Another engine "tick" diagnosis thread....(long) ForceFed86 Engine 2 04-09-2011 03:54 PM
Increase thread title "preview" time cboy Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help 16 07-03-2008 08:45 PM
MuscleCarKid_1991 "Senior Project" thread: Dumped Jon Engine 2 03-22-2008 08:01 PM
"Trial fitting parts" thread vs. paint thickness rcurrier44 Body - Exterior 3 01-26-2005 05:24 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.