The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 505 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2014, 05:08 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Engine shop called today, and my new engine is headed to the assembly bench! All the machine work and blueprinting is complete. Everything needed very little adjustment to correct bore centers, align bore, deck, balance, etc., so in a couple days I can pick it up, and drop the heads back on, and put it in!
Ordered my Crower cam saver lifters today, and the new cross ram intake should be here about the same time as the engine. I want to sand and polish the cast finish off the intake before installation, so that will hold me up a bit.
I'm excited to see what it all looks like when it's done!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 1971BB427 For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (03-10-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
Engine shop called today, and my new engine is headed to the assembly bench! All the machine work and blueprinting is complete. Everything needed very little adjustment to correct bore centers, align bore, deck, balance, etc., so in a couple days I can pick it up, and drop the heads back on, and put it in!
Ordered my Crower cam saver lifters today, and the new cross ram intake should be here about the same time as the engine. I want to sand and polish the cast finish off the intake before installation, so that will hold me up a bit.
I'm excited to see what it all looks like when it's done!

should look like this ,only better with polished intake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cross-ram-chevy-mat-1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	127305  
Old 03-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Didn't get much done to my truck today,workrd a couple hours didn't change looks much.
my dogs kept getting in my way,
Moe ,Larry and Curley
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1479138_10152106603303464_760596421_n.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	127313   Click image for larger version

Name:	162658_190665867610670_783960_n.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	127321  
Old 03-10-2014, 05:33 PM

Last journal entry: bump stops
Last photo:

finally got to work on the head liner in my coupe. had to add some more wood to the existing wood cross supports that I put in when I replaced all the wood in the body. added enough to make all supports the same plane.
Then I used 1/4 luwan ply to make the base of the panels. split the panels down the middle and started to fit one half. after that i made another the same size and adjusted it to fit the curve a little better. 'After that i tacked the panels up to the bows and checked the fit and then marked the holes where the plastic push bolts will go. I have no idea what the correct name is for these things but their plastic with big heads 1/4" x 3/4". they uase them to hold plastic parts in cars.
I hot glue them to the plywood them sand all the edges so the fabric won't get caught on the wood edge. I used 1/4 upholstery foam first, glue both sides and roll it flat, then trim it, After that I fitted the matching fabric to my seats to make sure its about 2-3" bigger than the wood. then I spray glue both sides and Carefully apply the fabric and smooth out any wrinkles. then I roll it with a Formica roller and turn it over and do the same for the left over fabric. I then use a heat gun and warm up the service and roll it again to make it tight.
After that i lined up each panel with the holes in the wood and tapped it in. Once both panels were in I used a plastic mallet and block or soft wood and tapped the plastic bolts in tight. Next week I will install the dome light, in some of the pics you can see the wires hanging down, also my wiper motor is in the ceiling and you can see where the knob goes.
After the light is in I plan on finding a piece of chrome trim of some kind and run it down the seam from the rear window to the light. I'm putting my radio and little glove box above the windshield in some kind of frame which I need to figure out yet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0062.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	127329   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0064.jpg
Size:	771.5 KB
ID:	127337   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0068.jpg
Size:	1,001.2 KB
ID:	127345   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0073.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	990.5 KB
ID:	127353   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0078.jpg
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	127361  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sportcoupe For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (03-10-2014), John long (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 05:57 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Got a rocker clamped and screwed into place. I had to cut two braces and move the B pillar back and outwards.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,307 Times in 1,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
Got a rocker clamped and screwed into place. I had to cut two braces and move the B pillar back and outwards.
Better now than later. Keep the pictures coming. Like it

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (03-11-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 06:35 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Sweet. I don't believe that I have ever seen a chevy cross ram intake before. Saw one on a Dodge or Plymouth back in the 60's. I remember it looked like two octopus fighting.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

I literally spent 20 minutes in the shop tonight but did get a start on making the floor pan settle into place. It was hard to walk away just when i was getting started on it.

John

The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (03-11-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 08:27 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

looking good you two.

Don't know how I made it thru the day but I did. Yesterday I couldn't put any weight on my ankle whatsoever. Not even walking on it holding onto countertops/walls/etc. It just wasn't up to the task so I hopped on one leg, with my daughter hopping on one leg right behind me-lol. Today I was able to limp on it so I went to work with my slippers cause my shoes is out of the question right now with this huge bubble on my foot. I sat on milk crates while sanding and buffing a door but had to stand as well. After a while my foot got so numb it didn't hurt as bad. Then I got home and wanted to show my wife I wasn't completely helpless so I then made dinner, ate dinner quickly with the family, then hurried over to a chair to elevate my ankle with some ice. I'll give it a hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold treatment later tonight in the bath and will be back tomorrow...in my slippers.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Hopefully the boss appreciates the fact you were there Henry. I know sometimes that is not the case but hopefully it is this time. Hope it heals quickly.

John
Old 03-10-2014, 08:33 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Close David. Mine is a Weiand, so it's not an open plenum like the factory cross ram, and the carbs aren't staggered, they're straight across. Like this one:
Old 03-10-2014, 08:39 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Hopefully the boss appreciates the fact you were there Henry. I know sometimes that is not the case but hopefully it is this time. Hope it heals quickly.

John
funny you mention it. The plan was to go there, put the car together with the boss' lap dog, then sand n buff it. I got to work(boss wasn't there) and said I wasn't sure how long I could go for so I said I'd buff it while he's putting it together cause no one else there knows how to buff but they know how to put stuff together. I thought it was a great idea cause if I had to cut out at lunch than the car could have still gotten done. So the boss gets into an argument with his lap dog and his lap dog leaves saying he's quitting. An hour later the boss comes in and I tell him he left pretty upset and he said, "I know cause he doesn't listen, nobody listens around here". This was all over the fact that I buffed it earlier instead of buffing it later.

Last edited by tech69; 03-10-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:43 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
funny you mention it. The plan was to go there, put the car together with the boss' lap dog, then sand n buff it. I got to work(boss wasn't there) and said I wasn't sure how long I could go for so I said I'd buff it while he's putting it together cause no one else there knows how to buff but they know how to put stuff together. I thought it was a great idea cause if I had to cut out at lunch than the car could have still gotten done. So the boss gets into an argument with his lap dog and his lap dog leaves, saying he's quitting. An hour later the boss comes in and I tell him he left pretty upset and he said, "I know cause he doesn't listen, nobody listens around here". This was all over the fact that I buffed it earlier instead of buffing it later.
Not sure how you put up with such a horse's rear!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

They will look great,thinking about converting my cross ram on my corvette to carbs if they ever give ant trouble ,,so far they have not..
Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
looking good you two.

Don't know how I made it thru the day but I did. Yesterday I couldn't put any weight on my ankle whatsoever. Not even walking on it holding onto countertops/walls/etc. It just wasn't up to the task so I hopped on one leg, with my daughter hopping on one leg right behind me-lol. Today I was able to limp on it so I went to work with my slippers cause my shoes is out of the question right now with this huge bubble on my foot. I sat on milk crates while sanding and buffing a door but had to stand as well. After a while my foot got so numb it didn't hurt as bad. Then I got home and wanted to show my wife I wasn't completely helpless so I then made dinner, ate dinner quickly with the family, then hurried over to a chair to elevate my ankle with some ice. I'll give it a hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold treatment later tonight in the bath and will be back tomorrow...in my slippers.
What the heck did I miss here Henry, what happened to you?

Brian

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.