Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#10,341 ·
This is how I avoided the tearing/cracking. Drilled a small hole in the corner before knocking the flaps around.

I started with a rubber hammer and then crispied up the bends with my plastic mallet.

A 2" strip for joining the front panel in place.

A whole lot of countersinking.

Followed up with a whack of "popping". I had to hammer and dolly several to get them down flush.

I then clamped it to my front mock up piece for a sneak preview.

#10,344 ·
I left at 8:15 pm Wednesday night for Columbia Falls MT and got back at 11:30 am today with this.

Really, it followed me home, honey.....can I keep it....:D

Very solid car. NO rust issues with the floor, rockers, doors, etc. The left quarter was completely annihilated in the past and covered with 1/2" of bondo. That will most likely get replaced.

Was originally Marina Blue with bright blue interior.

All of the parts are in the trunk...;)

#10,345 ·
I left at 8:15 pm Wednesday night for Columbia Falls MT and got back at 11:30 am today with this.

Really, it followed me home, honey.....can I keep it....:D

Very solid car. NO rust issues with the floor, rockers, doors, etc. The left quarter was completely annihilated in the past and covered with 1/2" of bondo. That will most likely get replaced.

Was originally Marina Blue with bright blue interior.

All of the parts are in the trunk...;)

What? No clutch pedal?

May I ask how you found the car?

John

#10,350 ·
Latley I have been working on my truck every day hoped to be finished soon so I can start on my Chevelle before it gets to cold , I took my wood heater out,made to much mess,so I will only work when I can get enough time to jusify heating that building with GAS just for a couple hours work;;if it gets to bad I will take it up to the body shop.the heat is on up there all the time

#10,351 ·
I didn't do jack today on a car but I did see this truck at the Half Moon Bay pumpkin patch (about 500 feet from the ocean) and seeing this truck made me feel much better about mine!

No John, it's not for sale so forget about it! :drunk:

Brian

Attachments

Reactions: 496CHEVY3100
#10,356 ·
Yes, I have Search Tempest bookmarked also. I have not used it lately though. At this point I have.........JustEnoughProjects. :D::D::D

John
So if you changed your board name to "Just Enough To do", we could call you JET...:D

I think I have just enough too, but my better half thinks I have too much. Actually, she says I have too much junk, but that gets rather personal...:p

#10,357 ·
Judging by what that ax brings these days, I'd say that was a mighty expensive bike :pain:

OTOH, I once read that Jimmi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, and Kurt Kobain all died at 27, with a white lighter in their pocket
I have mentioned this before here. One of my old customers had a '66 Cadillac that he called his "Hundred thousand dollar Cadillac" then years later his "Million dollar Cadillac" then "Two million dollar Cadillac" with it going up every year.

You see, he traded a Corsair for it in 1966 when it was new. :D

Brian

#10,359 ·
So if you changed your board name to "Just Enough To do", we could call you JET...:D

I think I have just enough too, but my better half thinks I have too much. Actually, she says I have too much junk, but that gets rather personal...:p
LOL, no, no, no....Not going there.:mwink:

I could work a very solid GTO in on a trade....:D

I would even deliver...:mwink:
Watch out David, He keeps talking about his junk.....:confused: