The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 58 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 03:56 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
I fully remodeled my ONLY bathroom complete down to the floor joists a few years ago. Oh yeah that was a challenge!

Brian
That's what I did the last time - 1996 or thereabouts. Then , everything but the ceiling 'rock was replaced This time is supposed to be just a "minor"update (or so I thought) .

Gotta get the '31 out soon too as I did several updates on that over the winter

Dave W

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 07:23 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My LED fflasher quit on my Austin gasser, so I decided to replace it with a standard fflasher, and wire in a pair of 25w. resistors in the lamp ckt. instead. At least if the flasher goes out I can buy a std. flasher anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 07:00 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Dave, I have thought just the opposite that the air tools are saving hands. I figured the repetitive twisting of my hand spinning off and on bolts with a ratchet did a lot more harm. But you could be right.

Brian
I was a mechanic for most of my working life, and now my hands hurt all the time. My grip strength in my right hand is now less than 25 lbs, where it used to be 125lbs. I use a gel pen with the comfort grip to pay the bills. And my handwriting which used to get bragged on, is now barely legible unless I really take my time. Man, this getting old sure isn't for sissies.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:12 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr
I was a mechanic for most of my working life, and now my hands hurt all the time. My grip strength in my right hand is now less than 25 lbs, where it used to be 125lbs. I use a gel pen with the comfort grip to pay the bills. And my handwriting which used to get bragged on, is now barely legible unless I really take my time. Man, this getting old sure isn't for sissies.
Well if your problems are caused by Carpal Tunnel Syndrome then go find the best surgeon you can and have it done. I just had my had done Friday and I am truly amazed at how little discomfort I'm experiencing. My hand felt better immediately. The arthritis I've had for years feels less. The only limitations I have after three days are that I can't lift anything with that hand and I can't get it wet. Before the surgery I asked my doctor If I would be able to play the violin after he was done. He assured me that I would. Thats great! I never could before so I have something new to look forward to!
I had mine done endoscopically which is far less evasive and I truly can't tell where he cut me.
If CTS is your problem then get it fixed.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: this is only a test
Last photo:

today I

so far Ive been working around the yard/garden a little
and changed the daughters snow tires and washed her car
Old 04-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 1,024 Posts
Pulled weeds in the yard The only thing car related I did was look thru my stock of paint and primers (I have quite a bit from when I was a rep) and I don't have any black epoxy primer for my top irons. Next the decision, do I use acrylic enamel (I have a gallon and a half) of black and hardener with some flattener (I have some) to shoot the irons or just give up and get all new stuff to be sure there is no problem with it. The hardener is ten years old but unopened. There is no way I am going to these suckers again! So I need to be sure it's right. If I do use this stuff I will shoot some and be sure it cures properly and all.

Brian
Old 04-15-2012, 09:07 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy
Well if your problems are caused by Carpal Tunnel Syndrome then go find the best surgeon you can and have it done.
I had mine done endoscopically which is far less evasive and I truly can't tell where he cut me.
If CTS is your problem then get it fixed.
I wish that it was that easy for me. I had CTS surgery on both wrists, a few years ago, because of my fingers going numb. Unfortunately my body has been invaded by osteoarthritis. Since Dec of 2002, I have had both knees, both shoulders, and my right hip replaced and my left wrist fused. Top that off with degenerative disc disease and bulging discs between every one of my lumbar vertebra, it's a wonder that I get anything done.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:21 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Working smarter not harder

Ya'll would have been proud of me this weekend,,Sunday the wife had a washing machine delivered ,I told her to have them leave it in the driveway and when I got back from the shop I would clean out the garage and remove the washer ,dryer and the upright freezer (its a tight spot and they all had to come out)..so before I came home I got the dolly and some straps and a few tools I would need PLUS an old crumpled hood....Like my wife ,your all probably thinking whats the hood for,right? Well I set the hood at the end of the driveway (bait) at sat on the porch and had a glass of tea while I called my neighbor and asked if he wanted an upright freezer,he said sure ,I told him I got a dolly here all you need to do is come and get it ,its in the garage..he came right over loaded it up and away it went...(one down) no sweat yet...I sat back on the front porch and read my streetrodder mag and my wife came out and said "I thought you were going to get that washer in today" while she was talking a guy came by and grabbed the hood and threw it in the back of his P/U Thats when my plan all came together...I told him I got an old washer that weighs a ton in the garage if hes looking for more scrap metal...Theres a dolly and everything you need to get it out of there if you want it but that dang dryer needs to be moved first so the washer will have room to get out...That guy looked like he just won the lottery and in no time that whole area was cleared out all I had to do was sweep the floor and bring in the new washer which, by the way .the guy that got the old washer offered to move into the garage for me so I gave him 5.00 for his extra trouble my back feels great today since all I did was sit on the porch and drink tea I did have to push the dryer back but those things are pretty light...I think I'm finally figuring out what growing older and wiser really means...
We havent used that freezer in 2-3 years when I opened the door there was a whole turkey in there ,I wonder if its still good being frozen for that long..
Old 04-16-2012, 07:55 AM

Last photo:

That is hilarious! Yep, you do get wiser when you get older.

Brian
Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

DBM - wouldn't work in my neighborhood. I would probably have a 'visit' from the building inspector regardless of the fact my wife works PT in the town's building dept.

Great idea though - and after spreading fertilizer then flea and tick killer on my ~one acre yard this morning, need some back care suggestions.

Oh well, back to my bathroom tiling job from H311 - just need to finish grouting, paint the drawers, the walls and put up new trim (after I spade in the compost in my wife's veggie garden and take a trip to Harbor Freight for a cheapie siphon spray gun to paint the 13(!!) bathroom vanity drawers/doors)

Dave W
Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 AM

Last photo:

I gotta remember that trick the next time we need to replace an appliance that's in our basement!

I spent Sun. afternoon at a friend's home helping him tune his new tunnel ram setup. Then we chopped a big hole in the hood of his '56 Chevy to make room for the air cleaner velocity stacks.
I was surprised how well it runs, as my old Holley Pro Dominator took much more tuning than his Weiand.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 PM

Last photo:

Got out to the garage tonight finally. I was able to go thru my paint and my flattener is still good! Yaaa hooo. So I am going to flatten some acrylic enamel black. I have all that so I only needed to pick up some black epoxy primer today.

I also went over the pieces just cleaning up some weatherstrip adhesive and general "getting to know them".

I found that one of the clamps pieces (the little chrome piece on the end) that grabs the windshield frame bracket was broken. Not a problem when you have boxes of small parts.

Can you imagine guys, I use to go to the wrecking yard and find GM A body convertibles and pull parts like this off of them. It just blows my mind how I would find them all the time!

Brian

Old 04-17-2012, 09:43 PM

Last photo:

Yeterday I had one of those days a car guy never forgets! Along with about 90 other guys I met and spent 5 hrs listening to, and asking questions of Ed Iskenderian!!! What a great guy, and what a pioneer in the hi performance automotive industry!
He was there with all the originals, and knew them first hand! At 90 yrs. old he's as sharp as ever, and remembers way more than I do now! The stories he told of guys like Ed Winfield, Stu Hilborn, Vic Edelbrock, Smokey Yunick, Zora Duntov, etc. were nothing but amazing, and I'll remember it forever!
I also got an addition to my Austin gasser that was parked next to Isky throughout the get together!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 PM

Last photo:

Holy cow, a treasure for sure! What an amazing experience that must have been.

Brian
Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Plan B

Last photo:

That car just went from way cool to a priceless treasure! I am so happy for you. Wow....
Brad...

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.