The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 61 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 08:12 AM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: this is only a test
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
LOL. I have crap for a blaster! You will laugh but it is a little hand held unit that is about fifty years old. I have a big siphon one but it is buried at the back of the shed and I figured I would get this done faster than digging it out. But I don't know if it would help all that much. As I remember I didn't have enough CFM with my compressor at home and it didn't work very well. But what I was using works great for the small stuff and I get it done pretty fast so I just went ahead and did these things with it figuring they aren't that big, not like doing a frame or something and figured handling them the way you need to the small one would be fine. Probably should have re-thought that. I did get a chunk of fuel hose and stick it over the inlet tube and put the hose in the bag of sand after I had refilled the little quart cup about ten times.

As for where I do it, sitting out in the middle of the lawn with a yard umbrella over me. I figure the lawn can use the sand, it ain't going to hurt it (I hope someone doesn't tell me it will, I am not green thumb).

Brian
ha ha , I know exactly what you are talking about
I just use a $15 siphon gun , with 5 gallon buckets of sifted sand from work, in the middle of the gravel driveway

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Let's say it wont help it as there is no nutritional value in 'beach sand'
It's "Play sand" so I figured the lawn could play and have fun.

Brian
Old 04-22-2012, 08:46 AM

Last photo:

Matt, I remember now, the tip of the syphon blaster is all worn out, I remember that being one problem with it. I have this little "speed blaster" with the catch for sand if doing something inside the garage like "spot blasting" it works real good.

The other photos are of the little funky old blaster I used yesterday. You can see the hose I used to stick in the bag of sand. This is one great little tool, notice the close up of the tip. It's ceramic on the inside and metal on the outside to protect the ceramic! Very nice little tool. I broke the ceramic one I had for the syphon blaster. It was so fragile, like the one you see on the "Speed blaster", that is a ceramic tip on it. You really have to be careful not to break those damn things. The old one is nice in that regard.

Brian

Old 04-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Put yukon super joints in my rock buggy today. It was fun to actually work on a toy rather than a driver. Just rebuilt a TDI jetta for my wife and it ate my lunch for what seemed like a decade.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:08 PM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

Didn't really do much. Did a little measuring on the fuel line. That hard line is such a rectal pain that I am going to go with some flexible AN line and fittings. Even though I have the hard line bent, it is almost impossible to get in the fuel filter. It'll start by hand and then when I get the wrench it pops back out. I figure if I go flex line I can get it in there straighter and quicker. Even at 3 times the cost, i figure the savings in terms of sanity is worth it. But the good news is I should be able to order the line and new fuel tank stuff this week. So maybe with my work schedule I can get that stuff on it the first week of May.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 PM

Last photo:

Turbo, those climbing photos are great, that must be a blast.

I took my daughter to a track meet today so my car time was limited. But I figured out a way to hang the top iron parts for paint and I am thrilled, I had been up at night figuring how the heck would I do this at home. With a look out in the back yard it hit me, my inferred heat lamps with a piece of conduit across them! It's adjustable and moveable, going to work like a charm. I went and got some 1/4" rod to make some heavy duty hooks and it is waiting for me to paint.

Brian

Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 PM

Last photo:

Well, after the frying hot weekend today I come home to a black sky and looking like rain so I couldn't get anything shot. I did get some rust pits fixed on one of the top bows. It's all ready for paint now, not sure when it will get shot but it is ready to go.

Brian
Old 04-24-2012, 07:54 AM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: this is only a test
Last photo:

changed the oil only, no filter change (didnt have one), so i'm calling it a "oil system flush" on the kz 550
I will change the oil and filter again in a couple of days when the filter gets in

then helped the wife in her garden all day
Old 04-27-2012, 12:47 PM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

Drove 92 miles one way to get a fuel tank, sending unit, and a wheel. The guy wouldn't take more than 20 dollars. Bought new the tank and sending unit would cost over 220. It was used, but the inside is pretty clean.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

I just got back from the Lab and i just charged the A/C in the vette, now i am thinking about going and getting the material needed to build a console for my 67 Camaro.

Cole
Old 04-27-2012, 05:02 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Took the hot rod down to my work place for the metal shaping meet I'm holding this weekend.
Had to move all my equipment down as well.
Should be a pretty good weekend.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:48 PM

Last photo:

Now that sounds awesome. Is this just a get together or are you teaching or is someone else coming to teach, what's the story?

I epoxy primed my top irons today and now I am putting some satin black on them. I have to say, between not doing this stuff every day anymore and my age, it is kicking my butt.

Brian
Old 04-28-2012, 02:09 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy
Took the hot rod down to my work place for the metal shaping meet I'm holding this weekend.
Had to move all my equipment down as well.
Should be a pretty good weekend.
Be sure to take a ton of pics Puggs ...wish I could be there
Old 04-28-2012, 05:44 PM

Last photo:

Moderator pleas delete this post.

Last edited by TucsonJay; 04-28-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:45 PM

Last photo:

I'm doing a Harley repaint in the new Camaro Synergy Green. I wondered if anyone had the nerve to use that color... (which comes with batteries)... but here is one already!

The 3-stage paint is pricey compared to most other colors. I told my paint store that I got "sticker shock" from the bill. They said that most paint Manufacturers are selling a two-stage version, with the disclaimer that it may not be an exact match. At least we have a choice if we need lower materials cost! {:-)

I will add that I am sure there is a "visibility safety factor" for bikers using this color! LOL! ....For cars, it is a surefire attention getter!

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.