The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 62 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonJay
I'm doing a Harley repaint in the new Camaro Synergy Green. I wondered if anyone had the nerve to use that color... (which comes with batteries)... but here is one already!

The 3-stage paint is pricey compared to most other colors. I told my paint store that I got "sticker shock" from the bill. They said that most paint Manufacturers are selling a two-stage version, with the disclaimer that it may not be an exact match. At least we have a choice if we need lower materials cost! {:-)

I will add that I am sure there is a "visibility safety factor" for bikers using this color! LOL! ....For cars, it is a surefire attention getter!
I love colors that you don't have to explain what they are. You know what I mean? It's GREEN, not reddish, goldish, beigeish......

Post some photos, sounds awesome.

Well, I got out there first thing this morning and primed my top irons, then found that my paint wasn't going to work so I had to run out and buy some paint before the paint store closes at 1:00. Was a little wired being I needed to get paint today so I wouldn't have to sand the irons that would have been a killer. I had to paint it in a few different "shifts" hanging the parts (this isn't all of them) all over from the swing set, the gazebo, it was a PAIN. I just finished and got in the house for a shower a little after four, I am ready for a beer and a ball game tonight! I was looking for a place to hang them for the night and checked out the metal shed I have in the back yard, holy cow it was hot in there! Perfect! I was able to hang it all in there to bake. I did mess up the header when it rolled onto one of my racks and scratched it. So tomorrow I will be fixing that up and reshooting it.

All in all a good day, now I have to make the big plans to get the darn thing together. What I will do with it, I don't know, unless I get it all together and on the car in the same day I don't know where I will be able to put it. I am thinking I'll have to wait until next weekend and do just that, put it together and on the car, WHOO HOO.

By the way, I gave up going to my favorite show of all time, the Dream Machines out on the coast so I could get this shot and I am glad I did.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 07:59 PM

Last photo:

Here is the Synergy Green color.... the bike I am using it on... and a piece in the base color, waiting for the art.

That will be some black boomerang "swooshes", with bright purple outlines and inside the black stripes will be silver marblizer with a darker green fade along the inside of the curves.

I know it's not a car... but I love all custom vehicles and paint styles! (It's a disease with no cure!) {:-)~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	65023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Terry G. 2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	65024   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_0511.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	65025  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:37 PM

Last photo:

Looking good, I love that color! Like I said, no one will ask "so what do you call that color?"

Brian
Old 04-28-2012, 08:47 PM

Last photo:

"VERY Green"? ...."Gang Green"? ..."Atomic Green"? ...or???
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: Try again
Last photo:

lots of yard work, all week

changed the front tire on my 84 Kawasaki GPz 750 today

we got it out, and are going to get it running next (its going to need a ton of work from sitting)
which is kind of a bummer because it only has 6,524 mi. on it

it is a super cool piece of motorcycle history, it is pretty much the first real crotch rocket

I think its going to need new (different style) carbs, because I cant get any parts for the ones that are on it
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	042812192513.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	700.2 KB
ID:	65034  
Old 04-29-2012, 05:04 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Now that sounds awesome. Is this just a get together or are you teaching or is someone else coming to teach, what's the story?

I epoxy primed my top irons today and now I am putting some satin black on them. I have to say, between not doing this stuff every day anymore and my age, it is kicking my butt.

Brian

Its a get together with some teaching by myself and others that show up with experience.

We had 19 guys drop by Saturday and I'm not sure how many will drop by today. A great bunch of guys though and there were bowls being pumped out like crazy.

We got a pedal car, a lower valance for a MGA, a pair of 36 Chevy fenders for dent removal and a Pontiac (or Buick, I forget) Torpedo back deck lid that guys brought in to work on.

Glad to see you're getting the roof parts done. She'll be going together soon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3930 (Medium).jpg
Views:	46
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	65040   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3932 (Medium).jpg
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	65041   Click image for larger version

Name:	ANDY.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	65042   Click image for larger version

Name:	ROB (SNIPER).jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	65043   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3929 (Medium).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	65044  

Old 04-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Looks like you had a great turnout from the Ontario Rodders guys Jari......should be fun again today....I am sure we will get a full report on the Ontario site.......
Old 04-29-2012, 08:31 AM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: Try again
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy
Its a get together with some teaching by myself and others that show up with experience.

We had 19 guys drop by Saturday and I'm not sure how many will drop by today. A great bunch of guys though and there were bowls being pumped out like crazy.

We got a pedal car, a lower valance for a MGA, a pair of 36 Chevy fenders for dent removal and a Pontiac (or Buick, I forget) Torpedo back deck lid that guys brought in to work on.

very cool
Old 04-29-2012, 10:23 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy

What a great time you must have had, very cool.

Brian
Old 04-29-2012, 02:55 PM

Last photo:

So I went out and painted header to the top irons that I messed up yesterday, all the other parts look great. I was going to start bolting it together then saw that I hadn't painted the bolts. So I did a quick clean up then sand blasted them and painted them. Starting to bolt it together will have to wait until tomorrow.

Right now, I am going to sit and watch the Giants beat the Padres and look for my son and his wife sitting at the Giants bull pen mound in the front row. They are going to have such a good time, I wish I could have joined them but my friend only had the two tickets (she has six season seats right there).

Brian

Old 04-29-2012, 07:39 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

Prep for new garage

Looks like I have started project take back the land part 1, need it to stop raining! a big load of bush is on the way out, keeping some bigger lumber for the fire.

pics wont upload

Last edited by Custom10; 04-29-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:25 PM

Last journal entry: Long time no journal entry, pulled hood tonight.
Last photo:

Well very little physical work, but I did figure out how to hook up the new fuel tank sending unit. hope to get the tank hooked up and mounted this week. I may clean and paint the tank.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I washed and waxed the coupe yesterday, cleaned the garage while letting the wax set up a little, Sat. night was Late Models at the Bakersfield speedway, they put on a great show.

Sunday was planting tomato plants, tying up some Kiwi vines, cleaned out the garden shed. Then I went for a blast on my Yamaha V-Max, a good way to end the day, well BBQ pork ribs and TV was the end of the day.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:53 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Well, finished the meet and got the rod trailered home and back in the garage. A few things to fix after using a forklift to lift the body off and then back on to the chassis.

We had about a dozen guys (and Gal) show up for Sunday's festivities.

Man, am I pooped, but its in a good way. Nothing like meeting up with some fellow rodders and twisting some metal.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:12 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

More pics, more pics,Puggs

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.