Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#13,786 ·
Foundation is coming along nicely.
I got the internal weeping tiles installed. I packed both sides with clay soil to make sure the water stays in and goes directly to the sump pit.

Also finished trenching for the drain pipes and filled them with limestone screening. This enabled me to get the pipes in place and leveled (sloped) . I was then able to tweak the sizes and start gluing them up this afternoon.
Yes!... Progress.

Hopefully, I can get the slab poured soon and onto framing.
Can't start framing though until I get a survey showing the foundation height. Guilty until proven innocent, my town always says. :drunk:

Attachments

#13,787 ·
Foundation is coming along nicely.
I got the internal weeping tiles installed. I packed both sides with clay soil to make sure the water stays in and goes directly to the sump pit.

Also finished trenching for the drain pipes and filled them with limestone screening. This enabled me to get the pipes in place and leveled (sloped) . I was then able to tweak the sizes and start gluing them up this afternoon.
Yes!... Progress.

Hopefully, I can get the slab poured soon and onto framing.
Can't start framing though until I get a survey showing the foundation height. Guilty until proven innocent, my town always says. :drunk:
Enjoying watching your build. Looking good, you a plumber??

Later gator
Russ

#13,790 ·
Today I got the bug to go clean up some crap around town. This beautiful town like many places around America has slipped down the drain, the degradation of society if you will. People post signs all over taped to light poles and graffiti are two of the things that bug me the most. I can't believe how hard people work to screw things up. They should move into a ghetto, rent is a lot cheaper there!

Anyway, I went out today cutting down some of these signs, scrapping crap off street signs, and most importantly cleaning up some "tags" (gang crap) off a fence in my neighborhood that I have been looking at way to long.

It's so sad what these low lifes do, so sad. Anyway, I spent the day on and off doing this.

Brian

#13,791 ·
When I built my first home at the age of 22 I bought a set of books from reader's digest and another from popular mechanics. Invaluable for a young guy intent on doing it all himself and no one to help.
i know what ya mean, I built second story on my home 20 odd years ago with my builder mate and my son. I learnt lots!!! But better still I can say I helped build it. Awesome feeling. Keep putting pics up!!

Later gator
Russ

#13,792 ·
I worked on a brush rake I have been building for a buddies mini excavator this afternoon.
This morning my son and I went to the tire store, and checked out a show n shine for nissan s at the nissan dealer.

I finally finished the brush rake.
I worked on for a few hours yesterday, and a few more today
It was too much work to dig out the engine hoist to move it around, so instead I just wrestled it around, half way hurting my back in the process.
Damn this thing is heavy

Attachments

#13,793 ·
Getting ready for the crappie to run up the river bought this pontoon yesterday and will have to put my electronic controlled trolling motor and GPS on it ,then just enjoy the holiday and catch some fish for the deep fryer,,Cars and trucks on hold :D:cool:

Attachments

#13,794 ·
Getting ready for the crappie to run up the river bought this pontoon yesterday and will have to put my electronic controlled trolling motor and GPS on it ,then just enjoy the holiday and catch some fish for the deep fryer,,Cars and trucks on hold :D:cool:
You will have that thing sold and the money in the bank before you ever catch the first fish! :mwink:

Captain D's here we come! :D

John

#13,796 ·
LOLOL ,,that is possible,,my wife wanted another pontoon after I sold the other one ,,this one is only 18 foot my other one was 28 ft ,, we are going to try this one to see how we like the smaller one ,( which I think we will ) if so we will sell it and buy a New one,,this is a test run.:D:D:D

And it does have your name on the back of one of the seats ,,it has 2 more seats not installed:cool:

#13,798 ·
Spent all day yesterday and a lot of today cleaning up debris from the humongous windstorm that marched through on Saturday. Over a million people without power for most of Saturday, (power company said over 350,000 customers, so do the math on average family sizes and etc) trees down everywhere, cars smushed by falling trees and branches down all over - including my yard. Heavy rains (finally!) and winds gusting over 70 mph.

Took family out to get dinner Saturday night - had to drive 30 miles to find a restaurant that :
A) had power, and
B) was not packed to the doors

We got power back on Sunday at about 2:00 AM, but internet & cable were out until this morning.

Winds have died down but raining now- and we sure need the moisture!

#13,799 ·
Spent all day yesterday and a lot of today cleaning up debris from the humongous windstorm that marched through on Saturday. Over a million people without power for most of Saturday, (power company said over 350,000 customers, so do the math on average family sizes and etc) trees down everywhere, cars smushed by falling trees and branches down all over - including my yard. Heavy rains (finally!) and winds gusting over 70 mph.

Took family out to get dinner Saturday night - had to drive 30 miles to find a restaurant that :
A) had power, and
B) was not packed to the doors

We got power back on Sunday at about 2:00 AM, but internet & cable were out until this morning.

Winds have died down but raining now- and we sure need the moisture!
Will the rain help with the fires????

Later gator
Russ

#13,800 ·
Not sure how far inland the rainy weather system is reaching. Right now the rain/wind is along the coast, while the main fires are a few hundred miles inland.

Gotta hope they get a lot of rain without the winds. The Opposite would be catastrophic

Cleared all the local smoke away from here, but I'm pretty much coastal here.