Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#13,822 ·
Nice work pugsy , good to see a result at the end of the day. I'm enjoying your build. What size is that rsj or ub spanning the basement. 180mm?

Later gator
Russ
Thanks Russ, but not my work. I couldn't schmooze cement if my life depended on it. The guys did a great job I think as it looks good from the top. Waiting for the sun to come up so I can go down and check it out.

6" high beam.W150 x 22

#13,826 ·
Thanks Russ, but not my work. I couldn't schmooze cement if my life depended on it. The guys did a great job I think as it looks good from the top. Waiting for the sun to come up so I can go down and check it out.

6" high beam.W150 x 22
150mm seems a bit light. But I guess with the stays in between would be ok. Don't know your building codes. That was a lot of cment to move!! One thing I wish I'd done is take pics of my build.

Later gator
Russ

#13,831 ·
150mm seems a bit light. But I guess with the stays in between would be ok. Don't know your building codes. That was a lot of cment to move!! One thing I wish I'd done is take pics of my build.

Later gator
Russ
Thanks.

Pics are a must as I am approaching this project as though it is my hobby at this time, so hopefully I will enjoy the build just like working on the rod.

The 6" beam comes from a table directly from the building code.
It's possible because it's only the floor load and nothing else.