Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#14,462 ·
Nothing automotive today, but I did get some work done along the driveway. Got all of the "head hunters" cut down. Tired of ducking and holding those branches out of the way while mowing. Now I just gotta move them all to the burn pile...
I can relate. I got rid of 10 trees off of our property, We have one mature Magnolia tree that requires yearly trimming of the branches. Amazing how fast they grow. I need to get up on the flat roof of our house with the electric pole chainsaw before winter to keep the limbs off of the electric service entrance cable.

#14,463 ·
Because of the risk associated with my trucking business, all our finances are separate. The only thing we have that is in both our names is the house. All my plastic bills come right back to me and she ignores them..:(

We stayed in Pensacola for spring break about 4 years ago. Nice area but it can be rainy in the winter. The couple who lived next door sold their house and bought a 54 ft boat a few years ago and they stay in Orange Beach during the winter. They had SNOW 2 years ago !!! But then the whole south was hit with that system. Remember the catastrophe in Atlanta :D

The wife does work from home some days and any were the traffic on I94 totally sucks because of snow. We live 13 miles east of St. Paul, were she works, and it has taken her almost 2 HOURS to get to work some days. She could telecommute if we went south for a month and yeah, we would have to take the dog. Good grief, dog care is almost as crazy as day care now...:mad: It cost $350 when we went to Hawaii last February.
Same here with my Lawn and Sno business. We kept the accounts separate too. Although, my plastic is connected to the joint account, I mean hers..Lol I don't have plastic devoted to my business....

I heard OB can get cold. We usually went for 2 weeks in Oct and the water was still like a bath tub, 80s. In-laws have stayed in Foley, just north of there not very far, and the temps were in the 50s a lot during winter. Still beats below zero highs for days on end....

I remember driving 20 miles to work in the Cities and taking forever before and after work. Stop and go, stop and go...... I'll stay in the brush for now. All I need to avoid on the roads is deer and bear.......

As for today. Finally got my 'puter to talk to my tv. There's a button on the back of the tv for on/off and devices. That's where I had to change ports to talk to my computer.. Who knew? Finally read the instructions that are in the tv.....:spank:

#14,466 ·
I've had a frustrating day. Spent another $100 dollars on parts and 4 HOURS screwing around with the '62 Impala brakes and I STILL can't get pressure to the rear drums...:evil:

This morning, I decide to download the new windows 10 to a flash drive to install later, at least that is what the screen said it would do. WRONG, it went directly to my hard drive and took 8 HOURS to download and another 1 1/2 to install and set up. I just got it back at 8:35 and was on it for 20 minutes when it totally crashed... WTF...:mad: It did an auto shut down and reboot. Wow, I'm impressed with the new OPERATING system.

Hope all 'yall had a better day.

#14,468 ·
This morning, I decide to download the new windows 10 to a flash drive to install later, at least that is what the screen said it would do. WRONG, it went directly to my hard drive and took 8 HOURS to download and another 1 1/2 to install and set up. I just got it back at 8:35 and was on it for 20 minutes when it totally crashed... WTF...:mad: It did an auto shut down and reboot. Wow, I'm impressed with the new OPERATING system.

The windows ten is just plain evil. I have it and I cannot even do a file transfer from my camera to my computer. None of the programs that I used to use run on it. How to fix dunno.

Sam

#14,470 ·
I've had a frustrating day. Spent another $100 dollars on parts and 4 HOURS screwing around with the '62 Impala brakes and I STILL can't get pressure to the rear drums...:evil:

I had a brake problem just like yours ,I finally tracked it down to the rubber lines being blocked.

#14,471 ·
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View

This morning, I decide to download the new windows 10 to a flash drive to install later, at least that is what the screen said it would do. WRONG, it went directly to my hard drive and took 8 HOURS to download and another 1 1/2 to install and set up. I just got it back at 8:35 and was on it for 20 minutes when it totally crashed..

I had windows 10 installed about 2 months ago as every one knows I have had nothing but trouble..posting pictures reading Emails messages ,,,page saying not avalible with this browser.
My wife works for Shaw (Warren Buffett ) they sent out letters ,yesterday ,How to remove windows 10 they are removing it from all their computers ,Shaw Brokshire Hathaway and all of his other companys ,,they say your Security is at a BIG RISK, I will post it if possible ,,don't know if it is a private letter will kmow Monday:confused::confused:

#14,474 ·
I've had a frustrating day. Spent another $100 dollars on parts and 4 HOURS screwing around with the '62 Impala brakes and I STILL can't get pressure to the rear drums...:evi
I have seen this problem before where the rubber line separates internally creating a flapper that works like a check valve not letting pressure through. I've even seen it on hydraulic lines on heavy equipment. It can drive one bonkers.

#14,476 ·
We got a bunch of little things done on the Falcon. Changed all the vacuum hoses for the tranny, adjusted the modulator, changed all the cooling hoses for the tranny, all the fuel hoses, fuel filter, air filter, and fixed the left brake/signal lamp.

All in all it drives like a different car! It shifts properly, WHOOOO HOOOOO. It drove us crazy how it stayed in first for ever!

Brian

#14,480 ·
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View

This morning, I decide to download the new windows 10 to a flash drive to install later, at least that is what the screen said it would do. WRONG, it went directly to my hard drive and took 8 HOURS to download and another 1 1/2 to install and set up. I just got it back at 8:35 and was on it for 20 minutes when it totally crashed..

I had windows 10 installed about 2 months ago as every one knows I have had nothing but trouble..posting pictures reading Emails messages ,,,page saying not avalible with this browser.
My wife works for Shaw (Warren Buffett ) they sent out letters ,yesterday ,How to remove windows 10 they are removing it from all their computers ,Shaw Brokshire Hathaway and all of his other companys ,,they say your Security is at a BIG RISK, I will post it if possible ,,don't know if it is a private letter will kmow Monday:confused::confused:
I just un-installed it. If you paid someone to install it, take it back and have them remove it.They should have the program to do that.