The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 76 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,218 Times in 1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanLT1
Man, you guys sure keep busy. I've been making some progress on the Rambler, mostly wiring. I did get the radiator, ac, and inter cooler plumbed in though. I also repainted the intake tubes the same color as the car and I think they look much better. Hope to start the motor this month.
later,

Ed
That thing looks like a friggin space ship!

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 11:07 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

I'm guessing there's an engine in there somewhere?
Old 06-03-2012, 05:18 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanLT1
Man, you guys sure keep busy. I've been making some progress on the Rambler, mostly wiring. I did get the radiator, ac, and inter cooler plumbed in though. I also repainted the intake tubes the same color as the car and I think they look much better. Hope to start the motor this month.
later,

Ed
Good LORD,When are you planning to launch that shuttle? Dont let NASA find out ,Your showing up some highly paid engineers....
Old 06-03-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long
Hey DBM. I am really thankful to hear the procedure will be reversible. Not that you couldn't carry on but still... Getting back to where you were will be a blessing. I agree with you and Brian. Don't know what I would do without my better half. She has been through a lot over the years but always put every one else's needs above her own.

Did you get time to work on your Grab Handle Brian?
My wife's a nurse 30yrs, it takes a special kind of women to be an angle of mercy and putting their needs last just comes naturally to them,it drives me crazy some times but its something god installed in them and wont come undone...I've tried...Our wives sound a lot alike....
I've got to be careful with this bag ,it takes some getting used too ..last week when I was doing all that metal work I put a pin hole in it with a piece of steel.I'll have to make something with an old leather coat to cover it because I'll be doing a ton of welding and That would be a disgusting disaster if I burned a hole in it...At least it dosen't get in the way when I'm driving the old gal...I'll be driving this car long before my bag is off...
Old 06-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,421 Times in 1,142 Posts
LOL. Yes, caution would be appropriate with the bag. For your sake as well as everyone else's. Our wives do sound a lot alike. Barb worked for Hospice for years. She just felt that was what the Lord called her to do. I know what you mean about a giving spirit. We are blessed to have them.

John L
Old 06-03-2012, 07:10 AM

Last photo:

There are few that give more than the nurse, they are some special people that is for sure. You are blessed to have some one like her in your corner.

Brian
Old 06-03-2012, 07:37 AM

I dont know Brian,my wife would come home crying after loosing a patient she didnt even know, even after doing it 30 some years...she tried the burn unit once,big mistake,they get very close to those patients because the recovery takes so long just to lose them in the home streach...and what the combat nurses? Now theres a special bread for sure....So what am I working on today??? making my wife happy by doing something special and unexpected....
Old 06-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Great idea. Maybe I will pick up my dirty cloths.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:46 AM

Last journal entry: Body work
Last photo:

Nursing is a tough job. My first wife and mother of my kids is a nurse but she is cold to the bone. Her personality didn't let death become an issue but created problems elsewhere. I would not want her taking care of me.
My current wife on the other hand, I'm blessed to have. She would make an awesome care giver if she didn't have such a weak stomach.
I've been building this rambler for 8 years now, spend a ton of time in the garage,and she has not said a negative thing about it..Ever.
If your lucky enough to have a great partner you are truly blessed.

Ed
Old 06-03-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long
Great idea. Maybe I will pick up my dirty cloths.
LOL. you really crack me up John ,Thats the first thing I did this morning then I washed them swept the floors mopped the kitchen, most of the stuff I know she does on Sunday.I told her shes not to lift a finger today and if something needs to be done tell me and I'll do it..Right now shes out in the back yard playing with our grand daughter enjoying a beautiful day.I made breakfast and we all eat outside. It wouldn't have been possible if I hadnt hired two kids on summer vacation to spend a week cleaning up my mess piles of 2x4s, old car parts,a tree that blew down,and weeds 4" high. they did a heck of a job and she did complain about paying them 200.00 but it was well worth it looking out there and watching them having so much fun....Well I got a toilet and shower to clean so I'll catch ya'll later...
.I think I'm gonna git me some tonight,see just came up behind me and gave me a big hug and said thank you so much.....Yeppie
Old 06-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Just back from church. It is good to hear about the good things in life. I love the old cars but they are kind of like money. You certainly enjoy them if you are well and happy but neither one will make you happy if you aren't. Hope everyone has a great day. Going to finish my Rumble seat mount and start marking some foam. May start a thread in the interiors forum and pick DanTwoLakes mind if I have questions.

John L
Old 06-03-2012, 01:22 PM

Last journal entry: 1930 chevy ratrod pick-up
Last photo:

international

I got some 37 ford truck rear fenders from a friend,here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	int6-12 002.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	609.4 KB
ID:	65787  
Old 06-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Good deal. Hopefully they won't mind being on an IH.

John L
Old 06-03-2012, 10:42 PM

Last photo:

Oh my God what a day! Up at six to be at Steve's house at 7:00. Pushed him around the Goodguys for five hours, then to my wife's friends house for a reunion of her elementary school friends (Catholic school) then to a birthday party for a nephew. Last night didn't get home until 10:30 from a birthday party 30 miles away for one of my boss's. Whew, I am ready for bed.

But I have to tell you getting there early really paid off, we got PRIMO parking.

But DAMN I had a good time today with Steve. He was so friggin jazzed, he was blown away riding in the Rambler. And you know what, there is no friggin way he could have gotten in that car without that grab handle! I don't think so at least, holy crap that man has it hard. It was VERY difficult getting him in that car! VERY difficult. But he was so thrilled, it made up for it. And the guy from the Goodguys came out and shot photos of him and is going to put him in the Gazette for sure! Super nice guy, and after we parted I was talking to Steve about him and he says "Yeah I know who he is because I read his column in the Gazette"! Steve REALLY is a what personifies what a Goodguy IS. He lives and breathes these cars shows!

Anyway, we had such a good time, it was one of the best Goodguys events ever for me personally because Steve told me it was for him.

Brian

Old 06-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Glad to get your post. Now I can go to bed. Steve is lucky to have a friend like you. Glad you guys had a good day. I will be looking for you all in the Gazette.

John L

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.