Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#16,870 ·
I like those tail lights. Never been a big fan of Vetts, The ones I like are the 1st generation, but those have awkward steering and suspension. But that can be fixed by tearing up one of the newer ones, then sell the body to the owner of a wrecked one and get most of your money back. Hey, everybody wins ! ! !

#16,871 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by whinny View Post
Do you mind me asking what that is worth? What you paid.? Just roughly will do so I can see how it compares down here. Many thanks.

Later gator
Russ
I'm picking down here around 20 to 30k?

Quote by: 496CHEVY3100
$7500,,but low miles,,actually $7000 but $500 Tax and license fee.

What's the exchange rate ?

#16,872 ·
More progress on the Chevelle the past 2 days. We wrapped up the underside yesterday...it is now ready for blasting...:D

Today I modified the package tray to accommodate 2 speakers instead of the original 1. I had Legendary make a tray cover with speaker holes in the same location as the 68-72.

Couple minutes with the plasma and I have 2 holes...

I used the cut out from the right side to weld in the original hole for strength.

#16,874 ·
the shee-mar SM180 might be your turn signal switch..

White wire from the brake light witch.

Yellow is from the turn signal flasher.

Dark blue to the right front turn signal lamp.

Light blue to the left front turn signal lamp.

Violet or purple to the right rear stop turn signal lamp.

Pink to the Left rear stop turn lamp

perhaps this will help..
this has been a very good help. i have this switch in my truck and helped me alot to test the different wires.
The diagram i've found is also a good help.

first thing i did was testing the brake lights. there was a bad connection under the cab and the wire was in bad shape. put new wires and works great now.

headlights was a pain in the *ss. after a while i found bad connections are the problem. Looks like a friend of a friend who knows someone who's an elektrician or something. connections were corroded an some just came apart by slightly pulling the wire.
every one of these got cut out and made a decent connection. now everything is up and running again.

replaced the rear shock absorbers and now i need to place a temporary bed floor.

Attachments

#16,875 ·
...it is now ready for blasting...:D

I used the cut out from the right side to weld in the original hole for strength.
Nice handling of the speaker situation. I forgot about that on those years :rolleyes: How 'bout I call your blast-ready pic and raise you a Mustang fender-bender?

Roadster owner came in and scraped undercoat a couple afternoons in preparation for sandblasting. I have filler work finished on both doors now, decklid and one fender.

Remember the white Mustang adventure I recently had? Somebody backed into it and nuked the fender and extension. What a deal, eh? Jake had it tore down faster than I could raise the camera.

Floors, rockers, etc, are in the '34 now and it showed up in the grey room. Where if it ain't grey, it will be. :mwink:

Since all I'm showing is what I didn't work on, you gotta click to see those. :D

Here are my today and yesterday stuffs-

Attachments