Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#17,724 ·
On a happier note I started work on the T strips in my 27. The T strips are T shaped strips of metal that goes between the rear window center section and each side where the body seam is all the way from the roof to the bottom of the rear quarters. They need some serious work.

The strips are about 4 feet long and shaped in a rough S shape. I needed a way to hold the strips while I worked on them. The strips bend easily and they are not strong enough to clamp them in a steel vice so I drug out my Workmate portable table and champed them in place with the wooden table clamp. Works great I was doing great till I let the wire wheel danced over my finger. Quick first aid and I have about 1/2 of the strip cleaned and ready to straighten.

Best news today was it looks like I sold my 24 T so I will have a little more room to scatter tools and parts. Oh and as the 24 T is sold I will be able to proceed further with a small cash infusion to the project.

Now I need to go on a Frugality plan and not spend all the money at once.

Far Out Man this has been an awesome day!!!:cool:

#17,729 ·
So you've visited here,lol. :D:D:D

Later gator Russ
Don't forget "windscreen", "petrol", "tyres", & "dynamo", as well as "off side & nearside", kerb, pavement (not the same as it means in the US!)

A certain lightweight metal is "aluminium" (pronounced "al-you-minnie-yum")

A "lemonade" has nothing to do with lemons - it is any kind of soda pop
What we call a lemonade is called a " lemon squash"

#17,730 ·
Seized 36 flatty is scrapward bound tomorrow...Going once?
just because its seized does not mean that every part on it or any parts are junk...

the seizure could be just rings stuck to the cylinder wall.. or it could be completely rusted up inside.. its still salvageable many times..

wish you were closer to california.. H and H flat heads might like that..

#17,731 ·
just because its seized does not mean that every part on it or any parts are junk...

the seizure could be just rings stuck to the cylinder wall.. or it could be completely rusted up inside.. its still salvageable many times..

wish you were closer to california.. H and H flat heads might like that..
Think about it... would I post that if I was unaware of these facts?

#17,733 ·
Don't forget "windscreen", "petrol", "tyres", & "dynamo", as well as "off side & nearside", kerb, pavement (not the same as it means in the US!)

A certain lightweight metal is "aluminium" (pronounced "al-you-minnie-yum")

A "lemonade" has nothing to do with lemons - it is any kind of soda pop
What we call a lemonade is called a " lemon squash"
Offside and near side I understand as a horse term, front and hind also horse terms, I used to breed standard breds. I believe it's from American terminology. I use a lot of Americanisms in my talk. Aluminium is a classic,lol

Later gator
Russ

#17,734 ·
No, but I've been around a few New Zealanders and Brits.

And I drove a rental car in Jamaica with a floor shift manual. What a treat that was to shift with my left hand. I got OK with that but every time I went to signal a turn, I turned on the wipers instead...:rolleyes:
When I've been in Vancouver and Hawaii I never drove, I was too scared to try your way,lol. But driving a left hook here is no worries.

Later gator
Russ

Sorry for hi jack and English lesson.:D:D

#17,736 ·
Today was a Great Glorious day. I had to go to town to pick up some prescriptions. I found a parking spot right off and was in and out in 5 min.

Took a side trip to my PO Box. A long awaited check from a client was there. On the way home stopped and got me a 20 oz 5 shot Latte. (espresso and milk) . Had a pleasant drive home. Oh today has been a beautiful day sunny and bright and just a bit of crisp in the air. I got home and 15 minutes later A gentleman that had looked at my 24 T showed up With a LARGE undisclosed amount of cash and a trailer. I shed tears of complete happiness watching the T ride off into the sunset. I am finally free from eternal hell and constant maintenance of a Stock Model T. Some people love them but in stock form I just can't drive 25..

I think I am going to go have a beer!!:cool:

#17,737 ·
Today was a Great Glorious day. I had to go to town to pick up some prescriptions. I found a parking spot right off and was in and out in 5 min.

Took a side trip to my PO Box. A long awaited check from a client was there. On the way home stopped and got me a 20 oz 5 shot Latte. (espresso and milk) . Had a pleasant drive home. Oh today has been a beautiful day sunny and bright and just a bit of crisp in the air. I got home and 15 minutes later A gentleman that had looked at my 24 T showed up With a LARGE undisclosed amount of cash and a trailer. I shed tears of complete happiness watching the T ride off into the sunset. I am finally free from eternal hell and constant maintenance of a Stock Model T. Some people love them but in stock form I just can't drive 25..

I think I am going to go have a beer!!:cool:
With the kind of day you are having I'll bet it will be really, really cold. :D

John