The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 9 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 12:27 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
And of course before photoshop you had to do something like what I have done for years, simply cut up photos and draw on them.

Brian

I guess that would be Photochop.

Actually, i do the same thing with the Paint program. It will come in handy later when I chop the top.

Someone else Photoshopped the bling onto the car.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: this is only a test
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

two completely different looks, but I dont know which one I like better
Old 01-21-2012, 03:26 PM

Last photo:

I've decided to go with my first instincts.
I don't want to kick myself later.

So my car will look like a poor man's Willys wanna be.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't understand?

Last photo:

today
set-up my new bench grinder,
shoveled more snow,
helped clean a rabbit cage,
built a small step for my parents to get into and out of, my wifes lifted tacoma p-up,
now I have to go get my parents and take them to the grocery store and out to dinner
(they have been snowed in for a week, because they drive a little saturn car)
Old 01-21-2012, 08:27 PM
quadrajunk a name earned

Last photo:

Piecing together brake light, turn signal, back up light bezel for my 70 LeMans.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 PM

Last journal entry: fish carb
Last photo:

Put door hinge bushings in my 99 2 door Tahoe,by myseft (wasnt too easy)
Changed oil in a 351 Ford van,fixed a water leak in the bathroom,screwed a set of plugs in a S.B.C.,wired up my speakers and radio in my 67 Camaro,n posted on this site n got to read some of the posts.
Is always a pleasure to hanmg out with people like u guys.
We have a lot in common!
Al
Old 01-21-2012, 10:12 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

My son and I did some more assembly of the Bonneville,, got the door ,trunk, weatherstripping done, and the front bumper on,, got the rear window in,, and found out the front windshield was cracked,, so that means another setback till I can get one ordered,, not to mention another 200 bucks I wasn't expecting,,
Oh Well!!! always something... the interior is all ready to put in,, sure will be nice to have something to drive this summer, been 5 years is all,,,
Old 01-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Differential/Driveline

Last photo:

Started putting the bottom end together on a 327. Need to get the motor done for the 68 Camaro.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:42 PM

what i did

I pulled a transmission engine and rear end out of a 1966 f100
Old 01-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,219 Times in 1,075 Posts
I got my Gran Sport turned around so I can start on the other side putting together the door and glass and rubber and such then getting the fender on.

The bummer was that it wouldn't start. With the primitive tools and basic knowledge I have and a shout out to my brother I think we have it figured out as long as I don't have to pull that starter out again. Pulling that starter is the MUTHA of all MUTHAS. But I rolled it out and my son and I turned it around with a floor jack, that WHOOPED my butt! But darn it, it's turned around and I got the quarter glass in along with some work on the door.

This car has been apart for about 12 years now and I found again today some part (the rubber flaps for the inner fenders) that I bought two of! The other was the window "fuzzies". I hope I don't find anything else that I did that with, what a maroon.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9477.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	970.6 KB
ID:	62074   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9476.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	966.7 KB
ID:	62075  
Old 01-22-2012, 08:00 AM
I don't understand?

Last photo:

that will be a fun car
Old 01-22-2012, 08:54 AM

Last photo:

Took out all the vent box and other stuff from under dash to see if I can squeeze in a GEN IV Vintage Air unit and still be able to get at the wiper motor for service.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:18 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

[
This car has been apart for about 12 years now and I found again today some part (the rubber flaps for the inner fenders) that I bought two of! The other was the window "fuzzies". I hope I don't find anything else that I did that with, what a maroon.

Brian[/QUOTE]

Well Brian.. I guess we are both Morons, (or MAROON) is there a differance? I am missing some important pieces for mine,, also ,like the window trim/ weather seal for the doors, that were taken off by the painter,, I can buy replacements ,, but have to buy the whole kit of 8 pcs,, that I only need the 4 outside pieces,, the inside pieces are on the door panels, and the old ones were in perfect condition,, thats the killer,,
Mine has been apart for nearly 6 years,, I tried to keep everything in 1 place and bundled up together,,now like I mentioned in another post,, gonna have to but a new windshield too,,,,
that buick looks like its in pretty good condition,, Calif Car???

wish my neighbor had a orange tree hanging over in my yard,, it would be void of any fruit on that side,,
Old 01-22-2012, 10:57 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts37chev
that will be a fun car
Funny thing is at this point I have NO love for this car. Yesterday I felt like putting it on Craigslist when I found it wouldn't start. I don't know why, but I have no love what so ever for this car. I think it's like when I had a job in the shop that took forever, oh yeah I had a few of those. Some restoration project that I put to the side to work on the money makers and it took me a couple years to finish (what a IDIOT I was to do that) and when they came to pick it up you would have a mixed feeling.

1. You are SOOOOOO happy to get rid of it you don't care about the money and emotion is so high at a climax you would let them take it for free at that point because you are sooooo pumped to see it go.

2. At the very same time you are SOOOOO overwhelmed by the magnitude of the job if they gave you a million dollars it still wouldn't be enough!

It's kinda like that, first off it's a convertible so there is WAY more work to do and still feel overwhelmed being my time in the garage is pretty precious. A mid sixties GM convertible has about as much work in the top, windows and rubbers as entire rest of the project, or more. No kidding, stripping the body complete paint is NOTHING next to the work in the top and windows. And I still need to restore that friggin top assy. Installing the top, the GM shop manual devotes about a hundred pages! NO KIDDING it the majority of the manual hands down! I am NOT looking forward to it.

I am SOOOO ready to get on my truck and CREATE something. I want this project over with. I know, I know, after I drive it a little I will feel different. I remember reading an article in a rod magazine back in the seventies that so described how the first test drive all the busted knuckles and late nights are forgotten. I am hoping I feel that way.

Brian
Old 01-22-2012, 11:06 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat
[

Brian
Well Brian.. I guess we are both Morons, (or MAROON) is there a differance? I am missing some important pieces for mine,, also ,like the window trim/ weather seal for the doors, that were taken off by the painter,, I can buy replacements ,, but have to buy the whole kit of 8 pcs,, that I only need the 4 outside pieces,, the inside pieces are on the door panels, and the old ones were in perfect condition,, thats the killer,,
Mine has been apart for nearly 6 years,, I tried to keep everything in 1 place and bundled up together,,now like I mentioned in another post,, gonna have to but a new windshield too,,,,
that buick looks like its in pretty good condition,, Calif Car???

wish my neighbor had a orange tree hanging over in my yard,, it would be void of any fruit on that side,,[/QUOTE]

It is amazing how much room a disassembled car takes up! I have a 12x12 shed that has a lot of it taken up by this car, a travel trailer with a few large pieces, a large cabinet in the garage, the rafters in the garage, it is amazing how much room it takes up, and I have TWO of these projects taken apart.
It floored me when I found the second set of inner fender rubbers, I laughed out loud. I know one thing, window "fuzzies" that I had bought two sets of, one of them was JUNK, I mean J-U-N-K JUNK and not even close to being like the old ones. I have to assume that they were miss boxed and really for a coupe or the next year model or post car or something, they SUCK and worthless. The box is marked "65 GM A body convertible" but they are NOT for this car unless they are the worse repro parts ever and I am thinking they are close enough that is exactly what they are, HORRIBLE repro parts. Anyway, being I have two pair I have this little hope in my head that I bought those first and then the others so the second set wasn't a waste. Even the second set needed some rubbing blocks taken off the original and used. But honestly, if all I had were the junk set I would have been pretty frustrated.

Sad part is, they are so bad I can't even sell them because I wouldn't want to do that to someone.

Brian

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.