Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#18,361 ·
Got the garage cleaned up, HOLY CRAP that took me about 5 hours today. But that's my New Years resolution, to get back to my five minutes a day plan on my truck. I got so much done on that plan and it all came to a halt when I started walking. Well, I can do both damn it. But just a little more tomorrow to get the bench cleaned up and I am back to working out there.

I don't mean I cleaned it up OCD couldn't work because it wasn't perfect. I couldn't even get to the truck!

I had to disassemble and cut up that shelf/bench that I had under the garage window. It was a beautiful shelf/bench, hated to do it but I don't have the room. I had gotten it from a neighbor for a co-worker of mine but the dude never came and got it! Finally got fed up as it was just a junk collector, wham, done, it's gone.

But tomorrow I will get out there to clear up the bench and be back at it! WHOO HOOOO!

Brian
If I were within driving range I would a accepted the whole load and even bought you a cold beverage while you were loading it up for me... Ha Ha ha..:cool:

#18,368 ·
happy new year

took some time to clean my garage/basement. painted my cellar stairs so i l had to take all the cans and plastic bottles off that seem to accumulate there. I decided to make a new shelf to hold all the crap since i don't have anymore wall space i hung it from the ceiling. then i took the rotors and calipers off my coupe to repack the bearings and paint the rotors. too cold and snowy to be outside.

Attachments

#18,369 ·
I got all 18 door jambs painted and all the doors are painted and rehung and knobs installed.

3 weeks to go!
I know you are going to be glad to move on but what you have done is just awsome. I wish I was close enough to get the personal tour. Everything you do shows the pride and attention to detail.

Great work Pugsy.

took some time to clean my garage/basement. painted my cellar stairs so i l had to take all the cans and plastic bottles off that seem to accumulate there. I decided to make a new shelf to hold all the crap since i don't have anymore wall space i hung it from the ceiling. then i took the rotors and calipers off my coupe to repack the bearings and paint the rotors. too cold and snowy to be outside.
It looks like everyone is getting something done but me. Having the shop clean and tidy makes all the differance as far as the pleasure of working in it goes.

I am also excited Brian has his cleaned up. I know we are all looking forward to seeing him back to work on the truck.

Good stuff guys.

John

#18,375 ·
Went to town today and looked at some classic cars

1--65 Plymouth Sports fury that he bought new,,been in warehouse since 85 last tag bought,

2-1959 rambler Wagon flat head 6 3 speed ,last tag 1984 it is outside now.

3--1967 rambler wagon,,289 v8 3 speed on column,with power sterring and power brakes,,last taged 1985.. it looks like a ford small block but he says it ie all original,,also in warehouse in really good condition

does any one know if a 67 rambler had a 289 engne and who made it,,

I made offer on all 3,,he has some other cars but none I was interested in..he is 89 years old and selling off some cars''should know something
by the end of the week.:confused::confused:

#18,380 ·
does any one know if a 67 rambler had a 289 engne and who made it,,

Yes they did and AMC made it. 4.8 ltr. They also built a 390 those years. Later on they redesigned there engine and produced a 401.
Jeep used their engines (360 and 401) in the Grand Waggoneer. I had a few of those. Great in the snow.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:
I know for sure they made a 290, I had one in my 68 Javelin, but if they made a 289 this is the first time I've heard of it. 289 was a ford motor. AMC V-8's 290,343, 360,390,401