Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#703 ·
Installed the freshly ceramic coated exhaust system in the turbo rambler and had my grandsons, (two three year olds) help me change the oil in the wife's car.
Wow....what a challenge.
Like bad rat says, " Those two boys could destroy a tank with a rubber hammer".

I hope you aren't going to lose intrest in that Anglia Bill.

Ed

#704 ·
deadbodyman said:
MISSION ACOMPLISHED !!!!!
Put about 10 miles on the 48, its first shake down run. The first 2-3 miles nice N ez then the rest an ez 45 mph adjusted the shocks and air bags till it rode like a dream it went nice and straight but might have a slight bump steer issue. I'll take it down for an alignment and see for sure...after my little ride I did quite a few burnouts in the parking and put on a little smoke show. My shops on one of only two roads going to a major mall so there was plenty of traffic and lotsa thumbs up...I was feelin goooood....
..........................................then the cops showed up :( ........................
but parked at the other end of the lot :confused:
so I said what the heck ,its my dang parking lot and I really smoked em up ,got it sideways and everything ,then the tinted window came down and the thumb came up and off he went.
I got it all out of my system ,did my shake down ...now I can seperate the body and frame and start painting the frame and underside of the car....
first they said it would never run,then they said I'd never drive it ,then they said it'll never get painted.They almost had me convinced every time ....I guess its ok to listen to people say something cant be done just never believe them.....If you want something bad enough and work hard at it... You'll have it.....building a car is an investment in time just like saving money,A 1,000.00 might be a little hard to get but saving 20.00 a week isnt too hard ,in a year you'll have it Just like Brians 15 minutes....right now all I can say after hundreds and hundreds of hours of work is.......It was well worth it....
very cool :thumbup:

#705 ·
americanLT1 said:
Installed the freshly ceramic coated exhaust system in the turbo rambler and had my grandsons, (two three year olds) help me change the oil in the wife's car.
Wow....what a challenge.
Like bad rat says, " Those two boys could destroy a tank with a rubber hammer".

I hope you aren't going to lose intrest in that Anglia Bill.

Ed
Thats no joke,, my daughters twin 9y/o are a human wrecking crew, a sherman tank wouldn't stand a chance,,, :D
Nope not a chance,, Its in storage for a couple of months untill I can get another project done, I started a new business building forklift attachments, that will hopefully sell , so I want to test the waters a little to see how they are going to sell, before I jump in and lease a commercial space to build them,,

#706 ·
Well got nothing done on the car, didn't even get over to the Goodguys, that would have been nice. But it was finishing up the room at the M-I-L's house and a track meet with my daughter competing. I didn't get anything done on the car but damn I had a FULL day, been running since 8 this morning until just now pulling in and heating up a bowl of left overs for dinner at 9:00! :sweat:

Brian

#707 ·
Bad Rat said:
I moved the anglia over to a storage garage, to make some shop room for another project, hopefully it won't "be out of sight out of mind" for to long :rolleyes:

I can think of a good place for that Anglia... :mwink: :thumbup:

And it will be OUT OF SIGHT !!!!! For sure !!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

#709 ·
Bad Rat said:
Good idea,, only if it gets FINISHED before I come to Pick it up :D
But I need to store it longer than a week,, at the speed you get things done :thumbup:

Sounds like a plan.. :thumbup:

That will give me plenty enough time to make sure it's all ready for you... :mwink: :mwink: :mwink: :thumbup:

#713 ·
malc said:
I´m "restoring" an old treadle sewing machine base,
wiffy wants to plop a marble top on it and use it as
a table for her leg of "Pata Negra".

Example.

Can´t stand it myself...... :nono: .
Ummmmm, I don't know what to say. Honestly, in the words of Ben Jabituya from the movie "Short Circuit", "I am standing here beside my self".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6TLYwelOPk

Brian

#714 ·
Bad Rat said:
You are paying shipping RIGHT,, long ways from Oregon to Louisana
Let me step in and end the whole question of shipping, and where it will feel at home Bill! Since I'm jut across the Willamette, and I already have a old British car too, might as well store it here. Besides, my Austin is done and I could actually devote time to finishing it! :)

#716 ·
1971BB427 said:
Let me step in and end the whole question of shipping, and where it will feel at home Bill! Since I'm jut across the Willamette, and I already have a old British car too, might as well store it here. Besides, my Austin is done and I could actually devote time to finishing it! :)

Man !!! are you kidding me ??? :nono:

He doesn't have to worry about any riding,, :drunk: I mean shipping cost.. :drunk: :sweat: :mwink:

And he already know's where it would feel more at home .. :D :p

#718 · (Edited)
Tried to take some pics of the exhaust in the Rambler but it's hard when it's not that high off the ground and it kind of blends with the frame because I had it done in black.
I did get the waste gates and dump tubes installed today and finished the upper section of the firewall. I can't believe how long it takes me to find the fasteners to install stuff.
I feel bad for you Bob and everyone in the cold country.. it was about 70 degrees here today but soon it will be, surface of the sun hot.
I know what you mean Brian, the salvage yard here that had several little Ramblers a few years ago has nothing worth taking now.
Had to build a fort out of foam insulation panels around my car to keep my grandsons from burning it to the ground :D

#720 ·
americanLT1 said:
Tried to take some pics of the exhaust in the Rambler but it's hard when it's not that high off the ground and it kind of blends with the frame because I had it done in black.
I did get the waste gates and dump tubes installed today and finished the upper section of the firewall. I can't believe how long it takes me to find the fasteners to install stuff.
I feel bad for you Bob and everyone in the cold country.. it was about 70 degrees here today but soon it will be, surface of the sun hot.
I know what you mean Brian, the salvage yard here that had several little Ramblers a few years ago has nothing worth taking now.
Had to build a fort out of foam insulation panels around my car to keep my grandsons from burning it to the ground :D
Looking very good.. :thumbup:
You are making some nice head way on your build.. Will be a piece of art for sure..Keep up the great job :) ..