Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#1,781 ·
I finally got the Anglia home after it being in storage for a few months.
getting around to building a interior floorboard subframe,
The frame has such a forward angle to it that , getting it set up the way I want it to sit, and getting the front wheels to clear the fenders when turning, is presenting a problem,,
I want the car LOW ,, like the wheels buried under the fenders,
I need to get ride heigth set before building the floorboards,
I had to narrow the front section of the frame by 4 " to even get the tires inside the fenders, and its still to wide,,
I"mthinking maybe widening the front fenders by 1 1/2 inches each side, to get it to work out ,,
Just don't like this nose up look,, whatta ya think
With your determination to have it sit low, you'll just have to do what is necessary to make it driveable. I would raise the body, but you said that is not an option for you.

#1,782 ·
I finally got the Anglia home after it being in storage for a few months.
getting around to building a interior floorboard subframe,
The frame has such a forward angle to it that , getting it set up the way I want it to sit, and getting the front wheels to clear the fenders when turning, is presenting a problem,,
I want the car LOW ,, like the wheels buried under the fenders,
I need to get ride heigth set before building the floorboards,
I had to narrow the front section of the frame by 4 " to even get the tires inside the fenders, and its still to wide,,
I"mthinking maybe widening the front fenders by 1 1/2 inches each side, to get it to work out ,,
Just don't like this nose up look,, whatta ya think
I'm not seeing the "nose up look".

Don't ask me though, if you should add 1-1/2" to the fenders cause I'll say go for it. I just love cutting stuff up whether it needs it or not. :mwink:

#1,785 ·
I LOVE it, you are a slick dude Pugsy, you really are.

Brian
Thanks Brian.

I have a long weekend to try and get the two plates fitted in and welded.

I'd like to get at least one done properly this weekend. I've got to take my time as everything I've done quickly has come back to bite me.:smash:

#1,788 ·
Thanks Brian.

I have a long weekend to try and get the two plates fitted in and welded.

I'd like to get at least one done properly this weekend. I've got to take my time as everything I've done quickly has come back to bite me.:smash:
Making templates and patterns is ALWAYS very good time spent. The time spent on that jig will save so much on the work, you won't even have to think about it as you are doing the fenders, it's right there, beautiful.

Brian

#1,789 ·
Making templates and patterns is ALWAYS very good time spent. The time spent on that jig will save so much on the work, you won't even have to think about it as you are doing the fenders, it's right there, beautiful.

Brian
Yep. It already showed me the fenders are not ready to accept the new plates yet.

Been out in the garage tap, tap, tapping,,, shrink, shrink, shrinking.....:pain:

#1,790 ·
I went ahead and pulled the motor/pump out and disassembled it. The shaft on the motor did have some pitting, I ran it in a drill and sanded it down to smooth it out some. Checked everything and put it back in. On the first test I see nothing but I didn't see anything before it sat a day or so anyway, we will see.

Brian

#1,794 ·
I installed a couple of performance chips in my '98 C-1500, hoping for some gains for pulling my 25 ft 5th wheel camper. Then I bled the heater core. Getting warmer air now but not what I need. Gonna have to flush with acid. Any recommendations on what to use are appreciated. Thanks, Big Al

#1,799 ·
trans swap and cam swap at the same time in my twin turbo camaro.started this yesterday and went back at it at 4am today and just got finished a few hours ago
needs some more tuning but my laptop died on me ( forgot to plug it in )
I love twin turbos, very cool!

Brian

#1,800 ·
The last cruise is oct 26th. I am going to pull the doors and repaint them and the top of the cowl afterwards. Will have it a mess before you know it. :drunk:
You better, it's making most of us look bad! I get all organized and looking good......it stays that way for about a week. :rolleyes:

Brian