Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#9,982 ·
That oscillating saw I got a week or so ago is absolutely amazing! I cut this 2x4 and the baseboard right where it is nailed, absolutely amazing!

And at the HF price of $35 I could toss it in the garbage right now and it was worth it.

Brian
During my kitchen remodel this summer, I also got one of those HF oscillating tools. I had a 25% off coupon, so got it even cheaper, and instantly fell in love with it! It's one of my new "favorite tools", as I use it all the time for all sorts of things I never thought I could. We had 4 layers of wall paper on the dining room, and it was wearing us out trying to get through it. Put on the scraper tool, and sprayed the paper down with a mix of fabric softener and water. The paper came off with the tool so easy, I almost wished we had more, just to play with it!

#9,983 ·
My buddy came over and looked at it he said its an 8.8 ford...now ,I know from listening to you guys that thats a popular rearend is there an ez way to see if its a possi without pulling the cover off I'm not so sure I could tell one way or the other even WITH the cover off..
Yeah, look at the door tag, and it will have an axle code number. Then enter it in a google search and it will tell you if it's a posi, and what ratio also.
Or jack up one rear wheel (with the other on the ground) and put the vehicle in neutral. If you can turn the wheel it's not posi.

#9,997 ·
#9,998 ·
Those fish dont care about catch and release.I doubt the fish is going to release him. :mwink: probably thinking :dinner for two marinated in beer. if that guy hadnt come by to help, the fish would be sitting down with his girl saying MAN, that was yummy
I don't think Tarpon have any teeth, so worst thing that could happen is a bruise from biting down on his arm.