Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#12,922 ·
I'd like to do some metal shaping but there's a local car show down the block tomorrow and would love to pedal my way down there on my 49ers bike. This means I should probably give the fenders a quick sand n buff and clean it up since I was way to darn excited to wait like a normal human for the sanded clear to air out and it has died back a tad. Will put the buffer on it first to see If I can do without sanding but will probably have to run some 2500 on it.

#12,924 ·
so I'm out in the garage doing a final inspect on my bike and the wife leaves me with the kids. Missed the show so I worked on my backyard where my daughter and I started to play catch. She got excited and ran for the ball and tripped on it and falling on her arm. We're not sure if it's broken cause she has hurt her arm before and didn't move it but the next day she was fine. She can move her arm but doesn't want to. We're watching it closely cause we want her to have a good time on vacation, cast or no cast. She demands I'm there to nurture her and got great sleep last night sleeping next to her at 9pm. Hopefully she's ok. My baby girl being hurt hurts me.

#12,925 ·
so I'm out in the garage doing a final inspect on my bike and the wife leaves me with the kids. Missed the show so I worked on my backyard where my daughter and I started to play catch. She got excited and ran for the ball and tripped on it and falling on her arm. We're not sure if it's broken cause she has hurt her arm before and didn't move it but the next day she was fine. She can move her arm but doesn't want to. We're watching it closely cause we want her to have a good time on vacation, cast or no cast. She demands I'm there to nurture her and got great sleep last night sleeping next to her at 9pm. Hopefully she's ok. My baby girl being hurt hurts me.
Hopefully everything will be ok Henry. I will keep her in my prayers tonight. Let us know how she does.

John

#12,932 ·
Very nice pugsy! I am jealous. :thumbup:

John
Yup, VERY nice !!!

Busy weekend for me. Friday I got a new tow behind spray trailer together and working and then proceeded to spray weed killer on my 1 acre yard. After that, I loaded my yard tractor and 10 cubic foot cart on the snowmobile trailer. We left at 7:30 Sat morn to drive the 3 hours up to the cabin. I got the water system all hooked up and working and then we spent 6 HOURS raking and hauling leaves across the road. Didn't quite finish it Saturday so spent another couple hours on Sunday morning cleaning up the yard and then it started to rain. We packed up and came home.

Today I drove the '38 to a local car show and pulled the little camping trailer with. I put a for sale sign in the window of the camper and had a hundred people come by and look at it. They ALL had stories about relatives trailers JUST LIKE this one. In reality, this is the only trailer of this brand that I have seen and there are scant few pics on the web of others. They were only made for about 5 years. Oh well, it was fun talking to all of them.

I got home from the show at 2 pm and then mowed the yard here.

Now, after 4 days of work, I'm gonna sit on my butt for a couple hours and do nothing. My wife laughs at that. She says I don't have a clue how to just sit and do nothing...;)

#12,936 ·
I FINALLY got the tail panel sectioned and welded together for the Chevelle...:D

I need to weld on a couple more tabs to fill in what was drilled off to remove it and then I will try the epoxy spray paint I bought and coat it before install.

I was going to take pics of the weld/grind session, but the camera was in my car and my son decided to drive that to work yesterday...:(

#12,937 ·
I FINALLY got the tail panel sectioned and welded together for the Chevelle...:D

I need to weld on a couple more tabs to fill in what was drilled off to remove it and then I will try the epoxy spray paint I bought and coat it before install.

I was going to take pics of the weld/grind session, but the camera was in my car and my son decided to drive that to work yesterday...:(
Sooo, We are supposed to assume you really did something? No proof, no witness, no picture, no nuthin???

We believe you. :mwink: Glad you were able to get some garage time. :thumbup:

John

#12,938 ·
got back from my vacation last night and had a blast. My daughter's arm was bothering her but she seemed ok and she feels a lot better. I've never been happier and realized what's missing out of my life is the realization that I need her time with me just as much as she needs mine. So I decided to put my hobbies on hold for now and just spend more time with my kids. So I can't wait to take her to the river on Saturday.

#12,940 ·
got back from my vacation last night and had a blast. My daughter's arm was bothering her but she seemed ok and she feels a lot better. I've never been happier and realized what's missing out of my life is the realization that I need her time with me just as much as she needs mine. So I decided to put my hobbies on hold for now and just spend more time with my kids. So I can't wait to take her to the river on Saturday.
tech, did she ever get an x-ray? If not, I would, just to be sure nothing is fractured.....