Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   The "What Did You Work On Today" thread (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/what-did-you-work-today-thread-210870.html)

lowROLLERchevy 12-23-2011 10:33 PM

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

matts37chev 12-24-2011 07:21 AM

i like these threads, had one on a couple of toyota sites i usrd to go to :thumbup:

oh, sorry, i worked on? not much yesterday :D

TucsonJay 12-24-2011 11:58 AM

Are you kidding??? Today is the traditional "mad rush Day", where you try to finish everything you started for Christmas!!!

Back to work 1/2 day Monday. (Thank you God.)

T-bucket23 12-24-2011 01:01 PM

Put a rack in a Honda Accord, real PITA

OneMoreTime 12-24-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-bucket23
Put a rack in a Honda Accord, real PITA

Anything on a Honda is a PITA .. I put a water pump in an Accord the other day..Today is lighting in the garage day..

Sam

trees 12-24-2011 01:40 PM

Finished another section of the floor in the Rampside cab. I am having to remove and replace sections since every thing has to be formed from flat 18 gauge metal. I am about half done and will finish up next week since it is time to celebrate Christmas with the family.

Merry Christmas.

Trees

dinger 12-24-2011 05:32 PM

I'm helping my neighbor, doing some bodywork on a 58 Chevy Impala. I've a few weeks off, I enjoy doing bodywork when I'm not under the gun to get it done. This will be a nice car, 350 horse crate 350. Not much rust, floors have been replaced, time for bodywork and assemble. Merry Christmas to all, Dan

DanielC 12-24-2011 05:45 PM

This.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...nTailgate1.jpg
I also took a picture of this.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...ord/Dana60.jpg

1ownerT 12-24-2011 06:23 PM

Spent several hours in the garage cleaning, organizing, getting the summer lawn equipment winterized and put away, snow blower was checked over and is awaiting use, and tested the blast cabinet out.

beertracker 12-24-2011 07:46 PM

Doing a front brake job on a un-cooperative Camaro in the rain and cold. :sweat:
bt

Prof. T. Soggmeyer 12-25-2011 05:01 PM

What I did today...

All I did today is wire up the lock-up kit for my 700r4 in my 49. Put in a tiny led light that will light up every time the converter locks in too. :D

T-bucket23 12-26-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beertracker
Doing a front brake job on a un-cooperative Camaro in the rain and cold. :sweat:
bt

Working outside int he rain is no fun. The older you get the worse it gets. I find it difficult to do anything without a lift.
Used to do the laying on my back stuff in the rain, snow, cold etc. Probably why I cant move for an hour in the AM now.

dinger 12-26-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-bucket23
Working outside int he rain is no fun. The older you get the worse it gets. I find it difficult to do anything without a lift.
Used to do the laying on my back stuff in the rain, snow, cold etc. Probably why I cant move for an hour in the AM now.

Ain't that the truth, I feel my Minnesota upbringing in my shoulders every time I get out of bed. Winterizing yard equipment? Ohhhh, that's right, you don't have to mow in the winter. :D Mine is in need of a trim. Time to go help the neighbor, time to fix some ridges in the roof.

T-bucket23 12-26-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinger
Ain't that the truth, I feel my Minnesota upbringing in my shoulders every time I get out of bed. Winterizing yard equipment? Ohhhh, that's right, you don't have to mow in the winter. :D Mine is in need of a trim. Time to go help the neighbor, time to fix some ridges in the roof.

My worst job I think I ever did was putting a starter in my mothers Vega after a snow storm. Being young and stupid(17), laying in the snow in Jeans and a t-shirt in 10 degree weather. After I was done my hands were to cold to turn the key in the ignition.

matts37chev 12-27-2011 05:40 PM

I worked on cleaning up my garage
I found one whole side of my car, a floor, and a wall :thumbup:
also fixed my kerosene heater
It wont be long and I can start working on the car again :D