Hot Rod Forum banner

What is the difference in Holley 4150 rebuild kits?

6K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ericnova72 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I am planning to rebuild my 570 Street Avenger. In looking at the Speedway site. Holley has 3-4 different rebuild kits. I am pretty sure I need the Model 4150 kit, but which one.

The carb has some choke and driveability issues.

Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Any of the 4150 kits will work, some just have more parts than the others and cost more. You'll have to look at the contents and see if a particular kit will fit your needs. The more expensive the kit the more complete it is and the more tuning parts it has(multiple power valves, etc). If you need a vauum secondary diaphram make sure the kit contains it, some don't.

I would think it would be the #42737485 or #427371546, but I'd call them to get an exact idea of the it contents.

#3 ·
Just an update on this thread.

I am rebuilding a 570 Holley Street Avenger Vacuum secordary Electric choke carb.

I thought it was a 4150. The Summit tech tells me it is a 4160. Does that sound right?

Any idea where I can find rebuild tips for the correct carb? Thanks.

#4 ·
If it has a metering block on the rear side of the carb between the bowl and the main body it is a 4150. I thought all the Avengers were 4150 carbs??

4160 means it has a metering plate inside the rear bowl and no seperate rear metering block.

Don't always trust Summit for correct info, go to Holley - either web site or call them. Summit's online catalog is full of mistakes on their web site, and some of the techs aren't any better, they are just reading off a catalog page.

#5 ·

You tell me.

That looks like a metering block to me..? I am going to be pissed if I told the guy I needed a 4150 rebuild kit and he talked me into another one, thinking I am wrong.

(note. this isnt my carb, just did a google image search for 570 street avenger)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.