Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What Discs for Rust & Paint Removal?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Since you mentioned '33 gallon' and '6 hp' in the same sentence, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you have a laughably inflated HP rating and a single stage, 110VAC air compressor? If this assumption is right, that's nothing other than a misleading peak, startup HP rating as it is physically impossible for 110 voltage to make that kind of sustained power, even if your compressor motor was 100% efficient (all these companies got in big trouble some time ago for misleading horsepower ratings on their compressors). My 220V 2-stage compressor is only 3.7 hp.

Where I'm going with that is your compressor has low air storage capacity (only 33 gallons) and low capacity for producing more air to replace that which has been consumed (if my assumptions are correct).

I only say this because it'd be unfortunate for you to go out and buy an expensive DA that still doesn't end up working well for you because you just don't have a compressor with the cahones that a continuously running DA needs.