Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What to do at Car Shows?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,337 Times in 1,083 Posts
Whistler, The Frog Follies is a drive to, drive in, street event. I have always wanted to go but have not made it yet. I would never discourage anyone from going to the Frog Follies, Goodguys event, or NSRA event. I like them all.

Brian, I do not have contempt for the show circuit guys. They are doing their own thing and more power to them. I love to go and look. I just don't want to participate. As you said yourself, at the car show there are winners and loosers. There is no looser at the Frog Follies. When you go to a show that draws 2500-3500 cars you are going for the fun of the weekend. Not to compete.

The folks that do love the show car circuit, as you say, may spend 250,000 dollars to build a top notch show car and if they are successful will have a first place car for one year only. Once the car has made the circuit for one year it becomes old hat and is no longer a contender.

None of what I am saying is intended to make car shows bad or showing your car bad. My only purpose here is to make it clear that street events and formal car shows are different areas of the car hobby. All are good but.......In my opinion, those of us on the street get a whole lot more fun for our money.

John L