Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What do you call "Pancaking" the hood?
View Single Post
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 58
Posts: 15,486
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,307
Thanked 3,714 Times in 2,755 Posts
I just wonder if it's a regional thing, often the same thing is called different names depending on where in the country you are. Maybe it's like that with the Pancaking? I remember something very well known like that, channeling or frenching or something that had a completely different name on the east coast from the west coast. Sectioning it makes sense, but I never called it that and I have been around customs and the custom scene all my life, that's why I ask, was I simply calling it the wrong thing all these years? Or is it simply the same thing, sectioning the hood and pancaking can be interchanged without an issue. But of course calling the La Jolla hood "Pancaking" when it isn't would be wrong. But maybe I have called pancaking sectioning and it worked, because it IS sectioning and no one made the distinction correcting me with "pancaking"? Hmmmmmmm

Reply With Quote