Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What do you call "Pancaking" the hood?
View Single Post
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2013, 04:22 PM
life is a temporary assignment

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,771
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,970
Thanked 1,114 Times in 775 Posts
Last time I checked I think Foose is on the west coast... He used that word on the west coast,, I have seen it used on the south coast,, And also on the east coast... Not sure what shop's your hanging out in... But it has been used ever since I could remember..

Taken the chrome of a car and welding the seams up was called shaving the hood,, Some even called it dechroming a car..

Section is when you take a section out the car in make it shorter..

Just like some say channeling a car body,, It's the same as a body drop,,

Pancaking is when you flatten something out...

I really don't think it's a regional thing... It's been said on to many coast for a long time..
Reply With Quote