Hot Rod Forum banner

What do you clean your fingernails with?

1K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  malc 
#1 ·
I've used toothpicks, forks, my pocket knife screwdriver, nails, staple removers, and my teeth. Everyone says it's a disgusting habit, but then again, so is getting them dirty in the first place.

I'm supposed to keep my nails clean while at work since I work on a computer all day, so it's not like I can just let it slide like I'd rather do. Any of you ever catch hell for this? What have you found yourself using?

MoocH

#2 ·
I have a little manicure kit in my desk drawer.
I think I got it from an airline somewhere....otherwise some handcleaner and nailbrush does the trick. If the work is truely grungy, like packing wheelbearing etc...I'll wear nitrile gloves...

Tim

#3 ·
I have a supervisors job, where I need to keep my hands clean. I have gotten into the habit of wearing cotton gloves while working on cars. It was tough, but I did get used to it.

Of course, my place of employment supplies my gloves, they just don't know it...........................

#11 ·
I tried the brushes, but I have callouses on my fingertips from guitar and sometimes the bristles don't get under there.

This spawned up when I saw a guy at work using the edge of his security badge. I thought he was a loser, till I thought about everything I've used.

MoocH

#14 ·
IF YOU DONT WANT TO CLEAN THEM:
wear rubber gloves or put hand cleaner on them first, esp under nails. if you want them clean right after your done those little brushes are purpose built for that and work great. if you are like me you wait a day and then i sit around for hours with a utility knife blade cleaning them at my desk. so far in 3 years i've only sliced my finger once!:thumbup:

#15 ·
I dont even bother cleaning my nails.. I work on the car all day take a shower then Work on Aircraft all night. If anyones ever worked on aircraft you know its a nasty job too....

I think its easier to paint them black than it is to clean them...lol..J/K:p

#19 ·
bullheimer said:
IF YOU DONT WANT TO CLEAN THEM:
wear rubber gloves or put hand cleaner on them first, esp under nails. if you want them clean right after your done those little brushes are purpose built for that and work great. if you are like me you wait a day and then i sit around for hours with a utility knife blade cleaning them at my desk. so far in 3 years i've only sliced my finger once!:thumbup:

Bull-
With your luck so far this year, I am AMAZED they trust you with sharp objects......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.