What do you think of HID headlight kits? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Reviewing the situation

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
you don't need headlamps mounted on the car during daylight, but you do need wipers at all time, now that is the law.
See we need headlights here. Because a vehicle has to visible if it rains , and headlights must be paired with wipers during rain.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,332 Times in 1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
See we need headlights here. Because a vehicle has to visible if it rains , and headlights must be paired with wipers during rain.
LOLOL, you know what, that is a "new" law here for just a few years so you need them here too during rain I guess, wild never thought of that. Not that I am going to run around with no lights but I thought that little hole in the law was funny. I guess not anymore because the headlamps do have to be on when the wipers are on now here in California.

Brian
Old 04-02-2013, 10:41 AM

Last photo:

my brother got pulled over in a 1956 chevy for a seat belt violation. Young cop on a mission couldn't understand that it had no belts from day 1.

Brian:

If, say, in California, its illegal (technically) to modify just about anything, would it be illegal to ADD seatbelts to the above mentioned 56 chevy, even if they were done properly, in the interest of safety?

I know here in Syracuse, NY, the junkyards wont sell you a seatbelt, but Im not sure if its a liability thing, a federal mandate or local law
Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,332 Times in 1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
my brother got pulled over in a 1956 chevy for a seat belt violation. Young cop on a mission couldn't understand that it had no belts from day 1.

Brian:

If, say, in California, its illegal (technically) to modify just about anything, would it be illegal to ADD seatbelts to the above mentioned 56 chevy, even if they were done properly, in the interest of safety?

I know here in Syracuse, NY, the junkyards wont sell you a seatbelt, but Im not sure if its a liability thing, a federal mandate or local law

LOLOL, funny thought, adding seat belts, YOU ARE UNDER ARREST! LOL Nope, I think that is just fine. My Rambler had none when I got it too.

Brian
Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Ga law does not require seatbelts in pickup trucks to be worn.but some local will try to write a ticket, they past a law you had to wear them 2 yrs ago but the Govoner over ruled also in the interest of our children ,NOT, our school buses are not equipped with safety belts air bags or booster seats even though if they are in your car they must have Car seat and safety belt for children up to 48 lbs belts required for all ages. the only light restriction I know of is the height of headlights 48 in ,and any light that is on vehicle Must work ,only 1 taillight required ,turn signal not required ,also trucks tractors or any farm vehicle if it has an orange triangle no lights wipers or belts requited,

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.