Hot Rod Forum banner

what do you use to get paint out of the can

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  NEW INTERIORS 
#1 ·
Just curious, what do you use to get paint from the can to a mixing cup. I've been using a 2 oz. dipper thing that I found in a weight gaining powder container. I don't like to pore it, gets all over everything. I've cleaned that dipper 4 dozen times with lacquer thinner, doesn't seem to hurt it.

#15 ·
I too really like the $0.99 can spouts too. See, John thinks they're a lot of work but you have to remember he's just a cranky old guy who's become a slacker in his 'experienced age.' :D

John knows I'm just busting his chops, he's an extraordinarily nice guy and has helped me out a lot in the past.

Back to the topic at hand, when I'm finished with my spout I wipe the majority of the paint off with a dry paper towel, and then just wipe it down with a rag saturated with lacquer thinner and this cleans it right up. The trick getting the bulk of the paint with the dry paper towel first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.