Hot Rod Forum banner

What Engine came the the '72 Pontiac Lemans Sport Luxery? 400 or 455?

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  LATECH 
#1 ·
Hey all, I was just thinking about that and was wondering if anybody could tell me which engine's were in that car, thanks.

Edit --

Spelled Luxury wrong in the title heh...

#7 ·
Malibu73 said:
Thanks Hippie,

Anybody else have a guess?

The only A-body to receive the 455 was the GTO and the 455 variety were few and far between and I'm not "guessing". During the 70's I ate, breathed and lived Pontiac's. I owned a '65, '66, '67 and '68 GTO, a '67 Catalina and a '73 Ventura. The guys I hung out with between them had a '53 Straight Eight Super Chief, '65 Catalina, a 66 Catalina, a '66 421 Bonneville, '66-'67-'69 and '76 Grand Prixs, a '65 LeMans, a 421 powered '65 GTO drag car, five '67 GTO's, a '69 Formula 400, a '74 455 SD Formula, a '70 Judge RA IV Conv., a Tri Power '65 GTO Sedan, a '69 GTO, a '73 Firebird, a '71 400/3 speed GT37, a '74 Grand Am, a '73 Le Mans, a '74 "GTO", a '73 GTO and a '76 Trans AM. Those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Hmmm, maybe it's time to build another one.................

#9 ·
Malibu73 said:
Thanks for your input Hippie, sorry if it seemed like I was doubting you.
We're cool, I wasn't upset I was just trying to provide you with some "credentials". Maybe I should have had my coffee first. ;) There used to be a really great Pontiac Forum sponsored by Performance Years but it seems to be offline now. I've been trying to find it, if it pops back up I'll post a link.

UPDATE:

It's back!!!!! P-Y Online Forums

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.