what is the fastest (factory) car you have ever driven? - Page 18 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2008, 01:44 AM
540ci ford want sum?

Wiki Edits: 0

well stone stock, a very good friend of mines ws6 firehawk t/a or a zo6 vette i test drove at carmax just to do it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2008, 11:05 AM

Last journal entry: Taking the old bondo out!
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badknuckles
mine was a (i know its a gay ricer) twin turbo dodge stealth.
light up all four wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croz
First off, it isn't a gay ricer. Those cars are exremely respectable...
Second... They won't spin all four wheels stock... The only time I have seen one do it was a 10 second highly modified car.

Mine... uhhh... well, a 92 dodge stealth twin turbo... my brother got one a couple years ago... we argue who has the faster car... His stealth or my Goat. One day when both of them are in good running condition, we will find out... I swear his is in the shop more than mine...
Croz, I've got to agree with you on the Stealth TT and the Mitsu VR4. They are definitely not gay ricers. I have a 91' TT and my son has a 93' VR4. We put in a manual boost control in his VR4 and set it at 12lbs. and that thing ran like a rocket. They do have to be pushing some serious hp to make them squawk all 4.
Don't forget, these were a $40-$50k supercar when they first came out. Twin Turbo's, 300-320 stock hp, awd, aws, switchable exhaust and electronic controlled suspension. Also on the VR4 were the automatic and switchable front and rear spoilers. That's a lot of ****** back then.
Probably the car with the most grunt I've owned or driven was my 69' GTO or my dad's 72' Lemans GT.

Last edited by Ltlgto; 03-29-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

This space reserved for when I get my new ZR1 vette with the Supercharged LS9. So this space could be reserved for 10-15 years or so.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:12 AM

Last photo:

chevelle

My 71 SS 454 is the fastest thing I,myself have ever drove.It has a milded worked 454 with 2.93,s gears right now and will run about 2500 at 80.Have ran it up to 110 at 3600 but gets light in the front end.It will turn 5600 all day long but I don't beleive I will ever see top end on the street.Before I bought it,it was strictly a weekend racer at Englishtown(thats why it only has 37500 miles on it now) and he would run it 11,s and still has the back drivers side window full of win decal from Englishtown speedway.The fastest I have driven a bike was 155 on a Kaw 900Z.Fastest car i ever rode in ,was a 69 SuperBee,seen 145 when I peeked at the speedo.Young,stupid and lucky
Old 04-10-2008, 11:07 PM

69 Vette... L88 AKA The BEAST...

That was their nickname,,,, if you ever atually drove one...you would know why that was the nickname. Suck a tank of premiem in a couple hours. And never get beat on the street. The 69 Vette L88 took all of them and the only car that ever gave it a race was the Cobra 429 aluminum. That was a match...but the hemis and other big blocks ...thhhht.. no race. sorry. That 69 L88 is now selling for over 250k.
Mine got stolen and burned.... ;-(
Randy
Old 04-27-2008, 09:45 AM
HVB454

Last photo:

So I show up for work Yesterday and sitting in my bay is a 1991 ZR-1 in cherry condition. Guy says It has drivability problems, started acting funny after HE OVERHEATED IT!! Now I'm thinking to myself, what kind of moron Overheats a car that is worth more then I make in a year? With a gauge right under your nose to tell you there is a problem. It hard starts but seems to run good. I took it upon myself to take it for a spin and HOLY $H1T this thing moves. I brought her back in the shop and had a better look with my scan tool. Came up with code 31 Cam Sync error. Pulled the front of the LS5 apart and descovered the primary T-Chain has enough slack in it That I can almost pull it off without un bolting it. I've never had the privlage of working on such a beast and to be able to rip this down is quite an honor for me, as I will probably never see another. Anxious to see what 600 pony's will do when timed right. Hopefully the parts will be here nest week.

Cheers Rick.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:58 AM
TheCarMan

Last photo:

2007 Corvette Z06

Okay.... I have seen it on here a couple of times. The C-6 Z06. BY FAR!

I have driven some REALLY, REALLY fast modified cars. But that Damn Vette really goes.

I couldn't give her all she wanted... I mean I was POSITIVE that I would have been doing the Slow-Mo Oh, Sh** shuffle into a pole or worse!

The dealership got their Z06 back in one piece, and I had to change my shorts!

My heart was pounding out of my chest and the engine was doing the hot metal *tink, *tink, *tink..... as the salesman asked "Well, what'd ya think"?

Dammit, Jim.... that thing is FAST!

I even rode shotgun in another new Z06 with a guy who needed his head examined. I had the door open and was halfway in before he could finish asking: "who wants to go for a spin"? It was only after I looked at everyone's faces that I realized that it wasn't my brightest moment.

He wound that thing up like we were going straight to Hell, then spun donuts on dry pavement for a good 10 minutes in a huge parking lot......ran those MASSIVE Goodyear runflats down to the wear bars! He said he wanted new tires! Sheesh, some people's kids.

Damn... I hope I can convince the dealer to let me take out the new '09 ZR1..........

Old 05-27-2008, 05:22 PM

fastest factory car

That would be a 66 -427 powered Vette. This was in 1966, when I owned a 300 horse small block coupe. It made me feel like my car had kiddie car foot pedals, With street tires, you could light up any time in any gear. I have a the identical 427 motor from a 69 Vette that I was going to use in my 55Cameo to replace a numbers matching 350 horse 67 Chevelle motor, but have since decided to install a warmed 454.
I'll never forget how well that car went, and never stopped loving the BB Chevy engines.
Bob
Old 08-06-2008, 10:31 PM

im only 17 so i never got to drive any true american muscle but i work at a dodge dealership and those new challenger srt500's pack a little heat
Old 08-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Revolution Calling

Last journal entry: Poverty caps live on.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityCarMan
Okay.... I have seen it on here a couple of times. The C-6 Z06. BY FAR!

I have driven some REALLY, REALLY fast modified cars. But that Damn Vette really goes.

I couldn't give her all she wanted... I mean I was POSITIVE that I would have been doing the Slow-Mo Oh, Sh** shuffle into a pole or worse!

The dealership got their Z06 back in one piece, and I had to change my shorts!

My heart was pounding out of my chest and the engine was doing the hot metal *tink, *tink, *tink..... as the salesman asked "Well, what'd ya think"?

Dammit, Jim.... that thing is FAST!

I even rode shotgun in another new Z06 with a guy who needed his head examined. I had the door open and was halfway in before he could finish asking: "who wants to go for a spin"? It was only after I looked at everyone's faces that I realized that it wasn't my brightest moment.

He wound that thing up like we were going straight to Hell, then spun donuts on dry pavement for a good 10 minutes in a huge parking lot......ran those MASSIVE Goodyear runflats down to the wear bars! He said he wanted new tires! Sheesh, some people's kids.

Damn... I hope I can convince the dealer to let me take out the new '09 ZR1..........

Holy crap that's an awesome story! It's like I was there. HA! I whole heartedly agree that the LS7 'vette is a visceral experience. Can you even imagine the new ZR1 ??
Old 08-11-2008, 09:19 AM

Last photo:

Dodge Viper. I work at a race track and they brought it in for a Busch series race. To be used a for display or pace car of some sort. Yep got it all the way up to about 30 mph , 2nd gear even! When I got to move it when they unloaded it.

I also drove 1 of only 2 RT10 trucks. I was told there was only 2 built with an automatic at the time. They were both pace trucks for the NASCAR Truck Series. Now that one I got to drive a little more. Seemed slow at first but at 25-30 it would set you back in the seat. I guess they were geared for the stick shift tranny.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:12 PM
America-Home of the $700B Bail

Last photo:

Fastest car I've ever driven was an 88 305 iroc-z camaro.

Fastest car I've ever owned was my 1991 Pontiac Grand Prix LE with a 3.1 V6.

Made it from Salt Lake city to Boise in under three hours (350 mile trip) which included being followed by a cop for about 10 miles, and only using half the tank (8 gallons) which I always thought was strange, as going there I went the speed limit and almost ran out of gas.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Assassin
Fastest car I've ever driven was an 88 305 iroc-z camaro.

Fastest car I've ever owned was my 1991 Pontiac Grand Prix LE with a 3.1 V6.

Made it from Salt Lake city to Boise in under three hours (350 mile trip) which included being followed by a cop for about 10 miles, and only using half the tank (8 gallons) which I always thought was strange, as going there I went the speed limit and almost ran out of gas.
I'm gonna call BS on this and you had better get a calculator out. No way the time plus the miles and only 8 gallons is going to add up.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:27 AM
America-Home of the $700B Bail

Last photo:

Call BS all you want, 16 gallon tank, used half of it. I only say what I see. Can't say I believe myself, though. Had I not been there...

The average mpg I had day to day was about 30-35. As far as I know it was all stock, had a new alternator and previous owner said he just sealed up a vacuum leak.

Last edited by Alaskan Assassin; 10-02-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:47 PM

I owned a 1966 Sunbeam tiger. It'd only do 120 with the top down. But I could peg the 140mph speedometer with the hardtop on. It didn't accelerate well untill I put the B5013s on it . It had a 302 in it when I bought it, but I did put a better cam in it. Got a ticket in it one time when I was playing with a TR4. He was winding it up in 4th when I finally shifted from 1st to 2nd gear. I missed the shift. The WSP asked me what the gear grinding was (as he handed me a Reckless Racing ticket) I told him I missed my 1st to 2nd shift. He said "at 63mph? How fast will that thing go? Wait, I don't want to know."

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.