what is the fastest (factory) car you have ever driven? - Page 19 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 06:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

ZR1 Lingenfelter Corvette and Factory M1 BMW both rockets both easily go 200 plus...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 PM

Last photo:

I had my 1992 Lexus Sc400 up to 150 mph gps, day before yesterday. Slow off the line but has a good mid range. Not bad for 250hp.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Ask me, Cause I don't know

Last journal entry: Kid Dean Car
Last photo:

1993 VW VR6 Corrado. I have been in faster cars, owned a few. But this one made me want one of these stock. I would like another one again.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:46 PM

Last journal entry: An update
Last photo:

McLaren F1.

Fastest stock standard production cars i now own?
1969 Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 . 0-60 in 6.5 ,138mph.... 1969.
1978 Mercedes 450SEL 6.9 liter 0-60 7 seconds .150 mph.
Both are stock ,the 6.3 has 300,000 miles on it and has never had the heads removed but is on it's third trans after i broke a band last month.
Regarding the 6.9,in the words of Formula 1 driver James Hunt,who owned two," I love my 6.9's ,what other car can look like a taxi but have more performance than a Ferrari."
On Mercedes they have little yellow dots to indicate the highest 'reccomended 'speed in each gear. On a 6.9's Speedo it's 65 Mph in First and 110 mph in second....
Old 11-19-2008, 11:08 PM

Last photo:

97 3000 gt VR4

Man it was like getting shot out of a cannon, really hooked up too, but it was very uncomfortable inside.More suited to a small person.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:27 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Mitsubishi EVO IIIV

Mistubishi Evo IIIV-I know it isn't a cool muscle car by any means, but 300hp, 2700 lbs, all wheel drive, 6 speed, handles unbelievably, on a new car test drive without the salesman!!!!!!
Fastest ever rode in was a supercharged Mustang that ran low 9's, gave me the feeling in my stomach like when you ride the roller coaster. Scary fast.
Also got to do the Richard Petty experience in Las Vegas, going 170mph around a racetrack is unbelievable! I have a lot of respect for those NASCAR drivers.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Alberta Bud

Not too pokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by badknuckles
I once owned a 1972 Dodge Challger R/T . It had a built 383 Magum,bored and stroked,balanced,with a highrise intake,big Eelbrock carb,Headers,duals etc.I did not build this car I took it in trade.The builder knew his stuff. I am not a Chrysler fan,I like big block Cadillacs.But that Challenger was a true 150 mph car,and I proved it to many.It would burn the tires off If you wanted. I"ve no idea what the hp was,but the torque was sure there. It was a slap stick automatic,rear gears unknown.It was Plumb Crazy Purple,with white r/t stripes,.Sold it before it killed me.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:08 PM

Last photo:

I guess that it was a pantera with twin turbo's .......It was defenitly the most fun.....
Old 03-12-2010, 07:43 AM

Fastest Factory car that I drove.

I owned a 1963 Plymouth 426 wedge super stocker that I drove on the street as my daily driver for all of 1963. I raced the car every week at Vargo Dragway and it turn low 12s and won Super Stock class almost every week. I would drive it to the track, open up the headers, drop the tire pressure and go race. The next year I put a Crane roller cam in it and gutted the car to drop some weight and ran it in modified production. It was still licensed and inspected and street legal and I still drove it on the street occasionally (street racing). This setup ran 11.70s and still holds the track record for AMP at Vargo when it closed in '68. All this on 7 inch wide cheater slicks. I also ran at Cecil County and Atco during this period. Drag Racings truly Golden Years.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:39 PM

A mr norms 1969 hemi dart with a four speed.I love the tag on the fender that says not for highway use too! the pull in first gear was just awesome I now know the meaning of g force.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:34 PM

Last photo:

Fastest bone-stock, from-factory car I've ever driven was a brand-new 99 Trans Am Ram Air WS6 6-speed that my girlfriend (now wife) and I test drove in spring of 99. Beautiful car. Fully loaded, black, T-roof and under 100 kms on it. I'm driving, she's up front, salesman is in the back. We go for a drive for a bit and then I pull away from a light turning left and the salesman says "Stomp on it if you want". Okay. I get straight, the tach is at about 2000 and I'm in first gear and PUNCHED IT. Wow! The rear squatted, the front lifted and it LEPT forward like a rocket. Redline came crazy fast, banged 2nd gear, the rear end kicked out, my wife screamed and grabbed the door handle. It was so awesome! Right then was when I gained HUGE respect for the LS1 motor. That was the best test drive I've ever had and I'll never forget. Man was it cool! Didn't buy the car though. Couldn't afford the $40+k CDN it stickered at anyway lol

Fastest, bone-stock car I've ever owned was a new 2005 Dodge Magnum RT that we leased from 2006 to 2009. Despite its ridiculous heft (4400 lbs, what is this 1974? My full-size 85 1/2 ton weighs less!) and it's 2.82 rear gear, that car could boogie. There were no deadspots in the 5.7 Hemi's powerband. When the first set of tires wore out I did two gigantic burnouts to burn them off on the way to the tire store. Wife took pics and video too. I would recommend that car to anyone looking for a car that has room, style and power. I only took it up to about 110 mph but it had so much left in it.

Fastest, near-stock car I've ever rode in is my friends 2004 Viper. It's stock except for a K&N filter kit and Borla cat-back. It's done a best of 12.3 at the track, with 22" wheels on it. The thrust of that car is AMAZING. Down low, up top and everywhere in between, that big V10 just pulls with such eagerness. I giggle like a school girl when he gets on the power. I know that kind of power is all I'd ever need from my weekend hot rod (my 85 1/2 ton). It only does high 14s though so it's got a ways to go! I'm not a huge top speed fan. I LOVE acceleration. The force of it is so addicting.

Close to that, or maybe equal to it, was an 89 Mustang GT that had a Paxton blower, TFS heads and intake, other mods, etc. that I rode in somewhere around 1995 when I had a mostly-stock 88 GT. It pulled in 3rd as hard as my car did in 1st but it was hardly stock.

Fastest I've driven was in my 88 Mustang GT. It was a 5 speed with 2.73 gears and stock other a cone filter and bumped timing. I took it up to 4500 in 4th, shifted into 5th and it seemed to stop pulling at 3000 or 3500, I can't really recall. It was 15 years ago! I think that equated to somewhere around 140 MPH, of which the car was said to do in stock form, but my speedo didn't go that high. It wasn't scary at that speed that I found anyway. I had a lot of fun in that car street racing. I was 18-20 when I owned it.

Some of the other stories on here are amusing. 180 MPH in a 73 Torino 4 speed? Getting nailed for 180 11 times in 1 year and still had a license? Should produce a copy of one of the tickets....
Old 04-22-2010, 11:45 AM

Last photo:

02 corvette i have drove to many cars before
Old 04-22-2010, 11:50 AM

mine would be an 87 buick grand national gnx
Old 10-06-2010, 03:11 PM

Last photo:

i owned a merc 500sl 93 year and had 165mph from it
Old 10-06-2010, 04:15 PM

Last photo:

fastest factory car i drove

I had a 63 chev 409 425 HP not sure how fast it was, traded it in on a68 Dodge charger R/T 440, speedo went to 150 I wrapped it around were it was coming back up to 0, Other than our pro stock HEMI car that was the fastest factory car. Been in others but race cars.

Later 35terraplane

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.