what is the fastest (factory) car you have ever driven? - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2004, 10:25 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by Hippie

From Davenport eh ? I live near the QC on the Illinois side. I remember cruisin' the "Ones" back in the 70's and goin' to Al's Lounge just East of the Arsenal viaduct for Wineburger's. Ever cross the I-74 bridge at 2 AM runnin' 120+ in a '67 GTO ? That's wild. Stupid but wild. Ahhh, the "good ol' days".........

BTW, there's a swap meet at the RI Co. Fairgrounds April 3rd and 4th. [/B]
personally i can;t say i've ever done 120+ through that particular area in my 67gto.... however i have done some stuipd things with it, like around 130-135mph down mainstreet i swear it wasn't me, considering it's the only 67 gto registered in the province

Advertisement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2004, 02:14 AM

Last photo:

My 67 GTO in 1967 coming back from Vegas. Floated the valves at just under 6,300 RPM with 3.36 rear and a 27" tire. Brother-in-law and sister-in-law in rear seat slept through the whole adventure. The wife unfortunately was awake and took days before she calmed down.

Best at speed: Infiniti Q45T would come out of passing gear at 123 and give you a good belt in the back when it did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Footbraker

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Hippie

From Davenport eh ? I live near the QC on the Illinois side. I remember cruisin' the "Ones" back in the 70's and goin' to Al's Lounge just East of the Arsenal viaduct for Wineburger's. Ever cross the I-74 bridge at 2 AM runnin' 120+ in a '67 GTO ? That's wild. Stupid but wild. Ahhh, the "good ol' days".........

BTW, there's a swap meet at the RI Co. Fairgrounds April 3rd and 4th.
No, but I did take the I-280 bridge at 135-140 mph in my old camaro.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhansen
No, but I did take the I-280 bridge at 135-140 mph in my old camaro.
Not sure which would be scarier, the I-280 bridge is nice and wide but it doesn't have much for guard railings and it's a long way down to the river, on the other hand if you lost it on I-74 you'd be like pinball between 2 cheese graters. I'm a lot older and a tiny bit smarter now, not much chance of me doin' it again.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:14 PM
If you Can Dream it, You can D

a 1970 4-speed 340 T/A Challenger. Unfortunatly I wraped around a tree aking stupid on the road, but those were the good old days when i was just 20. To my surprise I heard the rumble of thet engine a few years latter in my drive-way. A father and son bought it from the insurance company and spent 2 years rebuilding it.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:54 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Auto-Part
a 1970 4-speed 340 T/A Challenger. Unfortunatly I wraped around a tree aking stupid on the road, but those were the good old days when i was just 20. To my surprise I heard the rumble of thet engine a few years latter in my drive-way. A father and son bought it from the insurance company and spent 2 years rebuilding it.
2004 - 1970 = 34 years, not 24. Are you 54 today, or were you 30 back then?

I think you need to re-stamp your age there buddy.

MoocH
Old 03-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by k2mooch
2004 - 1970 = 34 years, not 24. Are you 54 today, or were you 30 back then?

I think you need to re-stamp your age there buddy.

MoocH
You're assuming it was a "new" '70 Challenger. There were still plenty of musclecars around in '80................
Old 03-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Other than our '94 Z28 I would have to say a '67 Impala factory 427, and a '70 Cuda w/440 6 pack 4 speed. Of all I would have to say the Cuda was the most fun to drive!!!!!!! It would just flat out **** an 'git!!

Kevin
Old 03-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Kill It & Grill It

Last journal entry: New door panels
Last photo:

2003 Chevy Silverado HD 3500 dually with a Duramax Diesel and a 6 spd. Burnout 1st - 3 sideways in third and hit 4th with a bark. Out ran a stock mustang 5.0 . The guy said his truck is stock but what do you think? I told him he was full of it. But he says its stock.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:46 PM
RatRod B4 RatRods were Cool

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Novaman78
2003 Chevy Silverado HD 3500 dually with a Duramax Diesel and a 6 spd. Burnout 1st - 3 sideways in third and hit 4th with a bark. Out ran a stock mustang 5.0 . The guy said his truck is stock but what do you think? I told him he was full of it. But he says its stock.

He prob turned up the boost. and he may be running propane and or nitrous injection.

Those diesels are getting VERY fast!
Old 03-26-2004, 02:48 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

let the clutch out at an auction in a 69 boss 428. couldnt get it. drove with my dad in a Cale Yarborough special cyclone 428 as well, didnt buy it.. peeled out big time with a salesman in the back of a 97 6sp formula 'bird. i'd say it was the fastest of the three factory rides.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:18 PM
you talkin to me?

croz no offense by what i said all i meant is if it has mitsubishi written on the motor i consider it gay(no offense just my biased opinion) the motor and drivetrain is stock on it he disconnected the boost regulator thats it.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:56 AM

I'd have to say the fastest stock car that I've ever driven was a Subaru WRX. A couple months ago I was looking for cars with a friend and went into a dealership. The guy there was a gearhead and so we started talking and I was tellin him about my chevelle. After about an hour of goin back and forth and the dealership was then closed he went out back and got a brand new WRX, with about 200 miles on it. He let me do a couple passes out in the back of lot which was close to an 1/8th mile pass. I feel bad for whoever bought that car cause after we did the passes we went bombin around town and the thing ripped. The car is too goofy looking for me and the interior isn't that cool.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:04 PM
S10 Super Sleepers

Last photo:

The fastest STOCK car I've ever been in was a 92 gmc Syclone. Off the factory floor it does low 13's.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:14 PM

you can hold a conversation at normal tone at a buck-forty in a new porsche Turbo S, amazingly smooth and quiet...very refined, like it costs $140k or something, definitely get what you pay for! The C6 Vette is SEEEEEXXY and the hydraulic clutch and trans make buttery smooth shifts but I wasn't allowed to go over 2nd gear(GM invitational drive dealio) and a '94 ZR1 vette is a ton of fun to drive-the powerband on that thing is rediculous, 1,500 to 7,000 it pulls HARD the whole way. And of course none of these were my cars and I will most likely never own any of them or drive any of them ever again.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.