#1 ·
I am trying to figure out what my frame is. Here are some dimensions

Mine Factory Specs
Overall frame length 133" 152"
Width at very front 26 1/4" 26"
Width at very rear 43" 44"
Wheel base 126" 109
Drag link 47 1/2"

The factory specs may not be correct for my car but they all seem to make sense except for the overall length. I really thought I would have to scrap this frame but I got under the car for the first time and it looks somewhat solid, just really ugly. I'm thinking I can clean it up and safe it. Next, what is it. I have no other car to compare this to but the front of the frame seems stretched out adding to the wheel base but somehow my frame seems to be shorter the original. It looks like some started to box in the frame and never finished.

This front end has to be stretched out plus the front is very square. The wheels are moved in front of the frame.
[/url]046 by Charlie Shew, on Flickr[/IMG]

The width at the rear is 43 inches. It seems to work but would like to compare it to a stock 32 frame. The cross member that dips down looks more like a 32 Ford frame.
[/url]037 by Charlie Shew, on Flickr[/IMG]

That's one heck of a wheel base at 126" from center to center of each wheel.
[/url]1932 Chevy by Charlie Shew, on Flickr[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know much that can help you, but to say this....the current wheelbase measurement is meaningless for identification purposes, as the front axle has been "bulldogged"(moved out in front of the end of the frame).

Rear crossmember does look very Ford, as that is where the Ford transverse cross spring pack would bolt up.

Hopefully some of the older guys will chime in here and help you out.

If you don't get much help here, you definitely will over at the H.A.M.B. website, they are all about the old stuff.

The H.A.M.B.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.