Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What IS gas mileage?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 01:26 PM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage the dream. To clarify my position I do not care. I like hotrods and don't think the words, gas mileage and Hotrods fit in the same statement an, oxy moron.

But I can use these words in a sentence.

The best gas mileage a hotrod can get is parked what fun is that ? in a word none.

The mod I think could get that gas mileage better is on the end of the right leg, that foot. Driving is like a chess game planing your maneuvers to get around. The drivers that you see driving up on the lights quick stop and then green stomp that peddle .......... the same ones crying about gas mileage .

Feathering the throttle, timing the red lights so that you never come to a complete stop will buy you miles. It is a game bikers play, the idea is not to put your foot to the ground once you are in the wind.

Inertia keep it rolling with the least amount of energy.

Want mileage, buy a bean car the smaller the better want mileage dump the large car/truck for light weight small engine, its physics and oh yes keep to the right please, stay out of the fast lane.