What Is A Good Pc Prgramm For Bbc In Pro Touring Car That Sees Street Use Only - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What Is A Good Pc Prgramm For Bbc In Pro Touring Car That Sees Street Use Only

I know that there are a lot of programms out there like Engine Analyzer or Desktop Dyno.

Which one is the best PC-Simulation for a guy with some knowledge about all that stuff but who is not a pro.

Some of the programms need specs I have never heard of before.
If they propose a defauft setting it is ok, but a programm that needs tons of specs and does not calculate if any of them is missing is quite useless for me.

Mainly I use it to find the right combo of Cam (Data and Style), Heads, EFI, Transmisson, Rearend Gearing and so on so that I can build a Pro-Touring Street Car that runs perfect all around.

Grateful for any suggestion

Thanks ; )

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

why not post a question here like "Need Performance Advice" then list the car you have and some specs like weight , rear end gear ratio, trans type ,engine (or proposed engine) and any upgrades you have done or are considering. Let us help you learn what a good recipie is for your purpose. What are you going to do with it, Street, strip, daily driver,balls out dragster?
Not trying to bust your chops, just trying to get you interested in learnin the ropes so you dont end up too "Book Smart". Experience is best,there is a lot here. Some of the guys have a dynosim here and when you come up with a good combo you can post a simple request forsomeone to "run it" on the dynosim so you can get the numbers.Welcome and best of luck.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:18 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannes_slanec
I know that there are a lot of programms out there like Engine Analyzer or Desktop Dyno.

Which one is the best PC-Simulation for a guy with some knowledge about all that stuff but who is not a pro.

Some of the programms need specs I have never heard of before.
If they propose a defauft setting it is ok, but a programm that needs tons of specs and does not calculate if any of them is missing is quite useless for me.

Mainly I use it to find the right combo of Cam (Data and Style), Heads, EFI, Transmisson, Rearend Gearing and so on so that I can build a Pro-Touring Street Car that runs perfect all around.

Grateful for any suggestion

Thanks ; )

What latech said.

Also ask how to figure out the specs you're not sure about.

I've used Engine Analyzer for a free ten day trial. Seems Ok but pricey.
Not sure if its still available, but you could check it out.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 AM

Last photo:

Thanks for the answer guys.

Usuallly I do not have good luck with questions in detail but will try it one more time.

I am just about to build an

68 Impala convertible Pro Tourer on a Jake“s Rod Shop Frame with a
9" Ford (with something like a Posi of course)
3-Link with Watts-Linkage
and a C6 Front Suspension on
Shockwaves
20"/22"x12 or 14" with something around 335 to 355 tires
4l80e Tranny and a
3:08 gearing (with that gearing that car with an 350/ca 250hp ron totally awsome and efficient)

For that car I want to build a stroker BBC that is going to be a twin turbo engine running on LPG later.

I am looking to build or buy a 540 to 572cid stroker all aluminum block with around 9:1 static compression as I want an efficient cruiser off boost and will not run boosts higher than 8-12 PSI

Through the LPG“s higher octaine rating and cooler burn-temperatur 9:01 will be just nice.

I already got a pair Dart 320 aluminum heads with 2.300 intake/1.880exhaust valves and would like to stick with them as far as possible.

I thought to be on the safe side I should build the engine to be able to withstand 1200-to 1400 hp.

So what are your recommendations?

The next thing I need is a short block or complete engine but dont know if it is better to buy it complete or in parts to stay cheap.

What do you think?
Hope you have the most important facts you need to get a clue about my plan.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.