Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is a good street carb?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 09:19 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Guys,

Im not concerned with making top end HP on this motor, I might take it to the track once and a blue moon, but my plans for it is just a radical weekend warrior. I thank you all for your advice and I guess there is no simple answer many different opinions on what is the best combo. I have in the past read many people who have the opinion that a vacuum secondary carb is better on the street, which is why I started this thread.

I understand the basic principal of the correct timing and tuning the carb I was just wondering if i decided to go with a quote on quote "Street" carb on this motor would be of any benefit? Or can I get that carb that is on there to cruise at 3-50 mph nicely to local cruise nights?

Im opting for hotter plugs and I just took apart the carb for inspection cause I suspected contamination and boy was it dirty inside. I forgot that the guy hadnt run the car in a long time and the fuel probably left all sort of deposits..My plan now is to clean out all the fuel lines and carb and replace any parts in the carb that are suspect. Right off the back I got a sticky Needle and seat and tons of grime in the bowls.

The carb has
70 front jets
74 rear
3.5 powervalves
21 pump shot nozzles in front
22 in back