Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is a good street carb?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
Was this car in storage..? fuel gone flat?

Engine must be dead cold to remove the plugs.
Don;t for get the antisieze for the new plugs.
You will need a timing light.
Yes it say for about 8 months..I added about a gallon of fuel but didnt check to see if there was old fuel in it. when I started to try and run it, I smelled the race gas that was in there, so it had fuel in it. Im going to clean out all the lines and carb first. I have an adjustable timing light I purchased after the last fiasco. (which by the way turned out I was 1 tooth off on my timing after replacing the dizzy but the carb was still defective and poorly machined.)

This car sat just as he put it away and had about 40 hours of track time on it in the past 3 years. It was set up for road racing and has seen track time at Limerock and Poccono raceways. The previous owner said he had it up to 160. I will post more pictures, it is set up to go..

I spoke with the guy that built the motor and he said it is closer to a 389 cause the block was checked and was extra thick so they went .40 over. However the owner said he thought it was closer to a 421 based on his calculations with the head chambers..I dont know what heads are on there, they say "pontiac" on them and look aluminum..

The dizzy on there is a MSD pro stock one and has no vacuum advance that I see, also the timing should be set correctly for the engine by the previous owner, so Im assuming just setting the base timing over would suffice to get it up and running.