Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is a good street carb?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:27 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark928 View Post
The difference in a 4 injector TB and an 8 injector tuned port is minimal at best. Not talking a stock GM TB system. The PJIII lets you retain your current intake and dizzy. An upgraded HEI unit is $40 from Skip White.

The PJIII lets you keep things simple with self learning, or you can dive into fuel maps, timing, after start enrichment etc.. You choose. Nice system to learn FI programming on.

I also like the PJIII's looks, not that it's the major factor, but a nice bonus.

For advanced programming I run a net book in the car and can dial in a nitrous tune or just make changes at stop lights...
I have been researching a bit and am leaning towards the Powerjection III now. The Mass air one does not allow end user tuning and they claim it does not need any tuning, and I find that hard to believe. I will keep yall posted on what i do, but I learned the little information that I do know on a fuel injected set up, and the whole repeated tweaking of a carburator and drilling holes in the throttle plate to get it to idle is not my cup of tea.

On your set up did the kit come with the rail and regulator? I have a whole return system plumed but obviously need to upgrade the pumps to high pressure pumps.

Also what is the difference between the 70027 and 70029 kits?? there is a several hundred dollar difference..

Last edited by Dajerseyrat; 01-15-2013 at 08:34 AM.