Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is a good truck body for a wide(modern frame)
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 PM
VW makes it, Chevy shakes it..

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have to agree with tech. Why find something you necessarily don't like just fit a frame with a drive train. Find something you like, no matter what size. Then figure how you could modify the frame to fit under the body. You may have narrow the whole frame. You'll more than likely have to shorten it. All you need is an angle grinder with some grinding and cutting disks, a sawzal, and a mig welder with about 125 - 130 amps (a Lincoln pro-core is a good one, plugs into 115v and welds up to 1/4 in a single pass). It would be nice to have a cutting torch, but you could get away with out it.

You'll have to be creative to make body mounts and engine mounts. You could possibly buy something you could weld on from sw race cars or speedway, but you can do it for much cheaper getting metal from your local metal supply.

I've managed to fit a S10 chassis under my bug doing this exact thing. This wont be a simple bolt on and go deal unless you just find the same year body and swap.