Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-site-suggestions-help/)
-   -   What happened (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/what-happened-223497.html)

Henry Highrise 08-29-2012 11:24 AM

What happened

to Jon?????? Never see him around anymore.

Crosley 08-29-2012 06:17 PM

Since the forums sold, he does not appear too often.

Mostly in the Hotrod Art forum is where I see new posts from Jon

Henry Highrise 08-29-2012 06:51 PM

I was under the understanding that the people that bought the forum hired Jon to stay on and be the Administrator.

Crosley 08-29-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Highrise (Post 1586971)
I was under the understanding that the people that bought the forum hired Jon to stay on and be the Administrator.

Nope. Helena is the admin now.

Jon is around on a temporary basis as admin consultant ; that is what I got out of the discussion in moderator forums . I do not know how long that amount of time is.

boatbob2 08-30-2012 09:47 AM

Hi HELENA.........

Now that you are the administrator,,CHANGE THE FIRST PAGE,we are worn out reading about that fan wiring question !!!!!!!!!!!:smash:

Henry Highrise 08-30-2012 10:57 AM

Its just not the same

John long 08-30-2012 06:42 PM

Hey guys, Are any of you getting email notifications of posts to threads you are subscribed to? I have not for a couple of months now.

John L

Irelands child 08-30-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John long (Post 1587259)
Hey guys, Are any of you getting email notifications of posts to threads you are subscribed to? I have not for a couple of months now.

John L

Dam' seldom. Occasionally a big batch will magically appear, but I usually check my subscription files as well as New Posts everyday just in case

Henry Highrise 08-30-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John long (Post 1587259)

John L

A lot of stuff is not working right since all the updates that the new owners thought neccessary. Everything always worked good when Jon was driving the ship.

66GMC 08-30-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Highrise (Post 1587272)
A lot of stuff is not working right since all the updates that the new owners thought neccessary. Everything always worked good when Jon was driving the ship.

That is your opinion, Henry, and you are entitled to it.
Here is mine:
"There can be no progress without change."

No disrespect to Jon intended, and I concede that Helena et al DO have some big shoes to fill.

My opinion is that the new staff is attempting to improve the site, and deserves at least the benefit of a doubt, the patience, and the respect of the membership (particularly from the moderators ... who should be leading by example.)

Let's also think about the fact that this site offers FREE membership, and that we are really "owed" very little.

Every complaint that I have witnessed seems fairly minor, IMO.
It's not like we're operating a heart-and-lung machine here.:rolleyes:

John long 08-31-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66GMC (Post 1587300)
That is your opinion, Henry, and you are entitled to it.
Here is mine:
"There can be no progress without change."

No disrespect to Jon intended, and I concede that Helena et al DO have some big shoes to fill.

My opinion is that the new staff is attempting to improve the site, and deserves at least the benefit of a doubt, the patience, and the respect of the membership (particularly from the moderators ... who should be leading by example.)

Let's also think about the fact that this site offers FREE membership, and that we are really "owed" very little.

Every complaint that I have witnessed seems fairly minor, IMO.
It's not like we're operating a heart-and-lung machine here.:rolleyes:

Agreed and I completely understand computer updates having issues. My wish would be that the owners would do a better job of acknowledging the issues and communicating the progress. Sometimes I think they believe the issues are handled or not worth fooling with. A two minute update every day or so would fix that. The issues themselves are not worth getting upset about.

John L

123pugsy 09-01-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66GMC (Post 1587300)

:

This site is only "free" to the owners. We "pay" by posting the content on this site. Without our content, there is absolutely nothing.

I guess management doesn't see it this way.

66GMC 09-01-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123pugsy (Post 1587500)
This site is only "free" to the owners. We "pay" by posting the content on this site. Without our content, there is absolutely nothing.

I guess management doesn't see it this way.

Really?
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know jack about website design and/or internet marketing ... etc.

I always thought that such sites are provided free to users, and that the website owners made their revenue from banner ads. Sure, we provide the subject material that generates interest ... and brings more people to the site ... who in turn read the advertising ... perhaps buy something ...

== OR ==

Perhaps it's the ISP that sponsors some webspace ... to give all of us old codgers a reason to continue internet browsing and paying them $40/month for connection fees?

== OR ==

Maybe it's sponsored by communists, Al Quaida terrorists, or even extraterrestrial espionage ... wanting to learn our culture and weaknesses so they can use it against us? :sweat:
What? That could happen, right???
(I gotta stop wearing this tinfoil hat.:embarrass )

== OR ==

We could just ask Helena how it works? :thumbup:

John long 09-01-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66GMC (Post 1587643)
Really?
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know jack about website design and/or internet marketing ... etc.

I always thought that such sites are provided free to users, and that the website owners made their revenue from banner ads. Sure, we provide the subject material that generates interest ... and brings more people to the site ... who in turn read the advertising ... perhaps buy something ...

== OR ==

Perhaps it's the ISP that sponsors some webspace ... to give all of us old codgers a reason to continue internet browsing and paying them $40/month for connection fees?

== OR ==

Maybe it's sponsored by communists, Al Quaida terrorists, or even extraterrestrial espionage ... wanting to learn our culture and weaknesses so they can use it against us? :sweat:
What? That could happen, right???
(I gotta stop wearing this tinfoil hat.:embarrass )

== OR ==

We could just ask Helena how it works? :thumbup:

LOL. Now you have the problem. Helena doesn't answer. :D

John L

Helena 09-04-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John long (Post 1587332)
Agreed and I completely understand computer updates having issues. My wish would be that the owners would do a better job of acknowledging the issues and communicating the progress. Sometimes I think they believe the issues are handled or not worth fooling with. A two minute update every day or so would fix that. The issues themselves are not worth getting upset about.

John L

I can not Fix things if I am not aware they are broken. Jon Is supposed to be on the site letting me know when I need to fix something. I have emailed him wondering why I haven't seen much on the site and asking him for weekly updates to what needs doing. He gave me a list on Friday. Now since it was our holiday long weekend this weekend I could not get everything looked at. BUT i have someone on it right now fixing all the issues that john has notified me about, including the email issue.

If anything is broken or needs fixing PLEASE PM me as soon as you need the help. Also you can ask a moderator and they can message me VIA moderator chat at the bottom of the screen.