What happened to people's willingness to help witha simple query?? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm not superstitious

Last journal entry: Release catch for trunk lid pt.5
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What happened to people's willingness to help witha simple query??

I have posted a thread in the Body forumn a few days ago asking for someone to help me out with the length measurement of a '48 Chevy Fleetline's doors. I put the following reply in that post too:

Is there NOBODY that's willing to help me with this??? Come on, what's wrong???

I have also sent P.M.s to 2 guys who are both still active members but it seems they just chose to ignore me!!!

What in heavens name must I do to get someone to measure the freakin length of a Fleetline's doors for me???

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2006, 10:19 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

Maybe nobody has a fleetline to measure? I've gone days before I've had PM responses back from people on occasions too...
Old 03-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Cox Custom Cars

Last photo:

maybe they don't know where you want the measurement taken at, or maybe they just know, or haven't had the time the answer your query.

Just hang in there and someone will help you. Everybody on this forum is very helpful to everyone.

One thing to remember is that sometimes NO answer is a good answer. Members here won't give out bad advice. They would rather say nothing than be wrong. I would rather get NO answer than a wrong answer.

Countilaw
Old 03-25-2006, 12:30 AM
I'm not superstitious

Last photo:

As I said...I just want the length of the door...

Is it more specific if I said at it's longest point?

If someone can do it but hasn't got the time then they should open their mouths and say so. Then I will know that I have to be patient.

I know and understand that people don't want to give out bad info BUT to get back to your point of not knowing where to measure. I don't see that as an excuse because if it's unclear the person can ask where I want the measurement and NOT JUST IGNORE ME!!!!!!~!~~!
Old 03-25-2006, 12:33 AM
Be American, Buy American!

I have a '48 Fleetline Aerosedan. I just have not been on line much lately. I can measure them for you later today. Tell me about your plans for your'48. Mine is completely stripped at the present time. I am upgrading everything on the car. I have a '78 250/TH350 or if I can find a 200R before I am ready to install the drive train, I prefer it because of the Overdrive. I am going to put a M ll up front and not sure what I am going to hang in the back.

Al
Old 03-25-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm not superstitious

Last photo:

Thank you very much for the offer. I appreciate it. I guess I'm just having a bad day.

Measure the length for me at the beltline please.

I want to turn my Fleetmaster into a 2 door hardtop. Yes I know it's a lot of work but it doesn't scare me. I also want to lower the body over the chassis by about 4 to 6 inches. I don't know if I'll actually go as far as chopping the roof.

For suspension it'll get Jaguar IFS and IRS with a shortish diff ratio and I'll most likely use a 350/350 combo.

For paint work I'd like black with a more "traditional" style flame job.

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Be American, Buy American!

Neophyte, The doors are 47'' w x 45 1/2" h for Fleetline. Your first post asked for the measurement for Fleetline but your response to me was for a Fleetmaster. I think they are the same size but I don't know that as a fact.

Wow, You are really going to have a super ride when it is complete. For mine, I think I might go for air bags to lower it when I park on cruise nights but allow me to keep the original ride height. I am not going to chop the top because the stock windshield is small. The interior roof is quiet high so I will use the attic space to house a/c ducts and stereo speakers. Keep me posted on your project. There is not enough '40's Chevys projects, c'mon guys and gals lets get those projects going.

Al

I think black with silver ghost flames would be killer.

Last edited by Gr8 '48 bow tie; 03-25-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:40 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

I get info here too

www.chevytalk.com

Tazz
Old 03-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte
As I said...I just want the length of the door...

Is it more specific if I said at it's longest point?

If someone can do it but hasn't got the time then they should open their mouths and say so. Then I will know that I have to be patient.

I know and understand that people don't want to give out bad info BUT to get back to your point of not knowing where to measure. I don't see that as an excuse because if it's unclear the person can ask where I want the measurement and NOT JUST IGNORE ME!!!!!!~!~~!
Honestly, if I had a 48 Fleetline in my garage and saw your additude DEMANDING someone help you, I wouldn't take the time to go out there and measure it either!

There are LOTS of threads that get no or little response. There are LOTS of questions that go unanswered. If you take it personally, you really need to rethink it. There aren't a whole lot of guys with these cars that JUST HAPPEN to be in the body forum to respond.

Calm down for goodness sakes.

Brian
Old 03-26-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm not superstitious

Last photo:

Firstly, I'd like to take the oppurtunity to thank you very much, Gr8 '48 bow tie, for not taking offense in my ranting of yesterday and also for taking the time to take the measurement for me. I appreciate it very much. When changing over to 2 door I actually want to get Fleetline doors instead of lengthening my Fleetmaster doors. I might even be able to achieve that through a swop.

Secondly, I humbly apologise for my ranting of yesterday. I'm very sorry if my attitude came across as demanding as it wasn't meant to be that and I'm sorry for offending anyone. I stood up on the wrong side of the bed and was just in a very foul mood whole day. At the time it felt to me somelike being in an office with 10 other people and asking out loudly if someone had a pen to lend me and nobody answered. Yes, I must admit that I didn't take into account that the people might not have been online.

Please accept my apologies.

Last edited by Neophyte; 03-26-2006 at 10:14 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 03-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
Neophyte I hope you get everything you need. You know of course, the measuement isn't really of much use. Other than just "eyeballing" where you will need to cut or what not for your conversion. I assume you are making a two door out of a four door? If you are doing this, you REALLY want to have the doors in hand before doing any modifications anyway. I'm sorry for saying something you already know but, you would want the new two door hung on the car fitting the cowl perfect when you weld in the rear of the door jamb to be certain of perfect fit.

Brian
Old 03-29-2006, 05:51 AM

Last journal entry: A few more
Last photo:

Hey Neo; I see you have the measurements. If you are planning on using aerosedan doors you are going to have to chop the top. These doors are longer and shorter than the 2 door sedans. The aerosedan is a model by itself. Vent windows etc. etc. Martin is correct when he said get the doors first. They will bolt onto the existing hinges. I did pm you back. I don't work on my car here at home. I've got a shop with a buddy about 10km away. If I can be of any help just email me. I'm not on here as much lately. Busier than two coons in a hollow log during maten' season. Good weather is on it's way and I want to driving the '46 by the end of June. Cheers Buddy!!!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.