Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What has been your experience with headers compaired to stock exhaust manifolds??
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2002, 05:58 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

my header experience includes a pair i had jet hot coated then installed them on my 84 blazer[ the one thats currently in more pieces than even chuck can put back together!]after running them about two years with lots of serious offroad use,mud cooked on etc. ,as well as being driven 4/5 times aweek i tore the whole mess aPART TO DO IT AGAIN!aka the marquis de masochist[is that right?]anyway the jethot coated headers had enough grunge[chuck told me that grunge is 1 part dirt/1 1/2 parts street oil/a lot o' parts heat/some parts oil coming out of that engine[is that right chuck?or is it motor?] that in spite of heroic efforts on your part still leaks like a sieve! man ! those things were nasty. so i sprayed them with some autostrip ,let them set a few, then washed them off with a water hose and they looked like the day i got them back from jethot!!NOTTT!!! just kidding , i did spray them wit autostrip but then i had to scrub them with 4/0steel wool till my hands bled[hey! this was two years of offroading!]that is to say about an hour and voila! they looked great!,not freshly coated ,but great! i heartily recommend a coating like jethot[i had mine done inside and out] your investment will be around a lot longer.see ya! jimm p.s. i've seen other coatings [hpc,ete.] they look the same to me,just dont know about the longevity but probably all are created equal!

[ May 13, 2002: Message edited by: jimm ]</p>