Hot Rod Forum banner

What was he thinking

65K views 584 replies 51 participants last post by  Dave57210 
#1 ·
Or mabe he Was not thinking :evil:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I sat here staring at that pic, knowing something wasn't right, but it didn't stand out until you mentioned it. It's actually well done, other than the lack of a bumper and those hideous orange wheels. Just painting the wheels the correct Argent silver again would help.

Maybe he bought a Nomad that had been hit in the front and had/bought a '55 clip cheap...:confused:

I would drive that to all the local shows just to see how many people scratched their heads at it...:D

We've seen far worse fashion offenders in this thread...:pain:

#10 ·
I hope he intends to keep it! And I hope he saved big money on that front clip! The next owner will probably want the right '57 front bodywork, and then it will also need paint. The resale "desirability factor" just went in the toilet!
funny thing is some put miles of smiles ahead of what the resale will be..
and you don't know what either.. all it takes is one guy to love it.. cars like this most times are sold without it being for sale..
sad so many are hung up on resale..

#16 · (Edited)
they are a few around that actually looks good ,a GTO wagon is the best I have seen so far,, But he is trying to [*** it off as a Rare original,,i guess he has a unicorn also

and a mid 70 olds vista with a Caddilac front clip ,I was same color didn't ever have to paint it,a Cadillac wagon without looking like a Hearse.

Attachments

#17 ·
A buddy has something similar The Canadian '57 Pontiac was a (mostly) badge-engineered Chev and he has a '57 Bel Air with a 57 Poncho schnozz on it. He also found (but didn't buy) a '57 Poncho 4 dr ht with a '57 Chev front clip.

Well-done "conversion" and the only major "engineering" was that the heater air intake is in the "eyebrows" over the headlights on the Chev and in the more traditional spot at the base of the windshield on the Tin Indian

#24 ·
Found a Holden and a couple of Mercury,s ,I think Ford should build these again to replace something like the Explorer and the So called excuse for a car they called the New Thunderburd,,,did you catch I don't care for the New t bird :D

Attachments

#38 ·
DAMN yes it looks well done. I love wagons so much I would SERIOUSLY dig driving a stock '57 wagon every day so I can't say I would drive that one, not my thing. But it sure is well done.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.