Hot Rod Forum banner

What headers for 67 Mustang 4 spd?

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  001mustang 
#1 ·
Anyone have an opinion on what headers will best fit 1967 mustang toploader 4 speed transmission?

#3 ·
I used Hooker on my 67 went in with no problems. I also used them on my 65 fastback no problems. Depends on how much you want to spend there are others out there tht fit really well also. I have used the super comp and the competition both good fits. just make sure to note that its a 4 speed car. Cole

#5 ·
Thanks all! The unmodified tri-y will not work on 351W based on what I've read; good for 289 and 302 I understand. I have been running Hedman 88650 on my 351W and they will work with some modifications. The 88650 have oval ports but the 351W heads I have have rectangular ports so it is a bit of a challenge to modify the ports. Not sure when 351W sbf's came with oval port heads?

#7 ·
JBA 1653 67 mustang 351W 4 speed top loader

I got a set of used JBA 1653 from ebay. So far I got the driver side header to fit. I had to clearence the header for the manual steering box; but it was pretty easy to do. These JBA 1653 3/8" flange headers appears to be very nice. I guess I'll throw my Headman 88650 headers away. The JBA 1653 clears Z bar nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.