Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - what the heck is this in my fuel?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 06:19 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiehd View Post
ATL Says ethanol resisitant, I'd still pop the top and take a look, that crap is coming from somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Well I got to the bottom of my contamination and unfortunately it is not what I wanted to see, but what I figured what it was..Apparently this high end "safety fuel cell" used for Nascars and SCCA, has a plastic bladder filled with foam and inserts into an aluminum case. Well apparently the entire hard rubber inner bladder is completely disintegrating to pieces, literally.. I am shocked and appalled that a safety product advertised as such and an item I would depend on doing its job in case of a crash, has failed miserably in less than 5 years, from simply holding race fuel..Look at these pictures, this is an absurd failure in my opinion...I cant fathom how they could design a product and sell it as a safety item with this end result...You can not imagine how angry I am right now that this high end expensive "safety equipment" would fail like this..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130502_200200_533.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	609.8 KB
ID:	73723   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130502_200135_299.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	730.5 KB
ID:	73724