Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - what the heck is this in my fuel?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajerseyrat View Post
ATL Says ethanol resisitant, I'd still pop the top and take a look, that crap is coming from somewhere.
Well I got to the bottom of my contamination and unfortunately it is not what I wanted to see, but what I figured what it was..Apparently this high end "safety fuel cell" used for Nascars and SCCA, has a plastic bladder filled with foam and inserts into an aluminum case. Well apparently the entire hard rubber inner bladder is completely disintegrating to pieces, literally.. I am shocked and appalled that a safety product advertised as such and an item I would depend on doing its job in case of a crash, has failed miserably in less than 5 years, from simply holding race fuel..Look at these pictures, this is an absurd failure in my opinion...I cant fathom how they could design a product and sell it as a safety item with this end result...You can not imagine how angry I am right now that this high end expensive "safety equipment" would fail like this..[/QUOTE]

have been out of racing about ten years now,Circle Track,we ran a Fuel Safe Brand Name 16 gal cell ,the best I can remember it recommended ckanging foam once a season on Alcohol and every 3 years on Purple or Red leaded /unleaded Racing fuel But on the street I would think it should run much longer ,I would call Manf. there might be a pattern of failure and the might replace it. Just a thought.,,we ran uncial 76 Guess where we got our number.i wont put LOL because this is not funny.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	026.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	73725