Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - what the heck is this in my fuel?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 01:04 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajerseyrat View Post
ATL Says ethanol resisitant, I'd still pop the top and take a look, that crap is coming from somewhere.
Well I got to the bottom of my contamination and unfortunately it is not what I wanted to see, but what I figured what it was..Apparently this high end "safety fuel cell" used for Nascars and SCCA, has a plastic bladder filled with foam and inserts into an aluminum case. Well apparently the entire hard rubber inner bladder is completely disintegrating to pieces, literally.. I am shocked and appalled that a safety product advertised as such and an item I would depend on doing its job in case of a crash, has failed miserably in less than 5 years, from simply holding race fuel..Look at these pictures, this is an absurd failure in my opinion...I cant fathom how they could design a product and sell it as a safety item with this end result...You can not imagine how angry I am right now that this high end expensive "safety equipment" would fail like this..[/QUOTE]

shocked and appalled , really, you bought a product that has a life span of a season or 2.. and shocked?
racers race, they crash alot also.. tanks get replaced alot..
I'm willing to bet the blatter only can be used so long.. in racing, just like 5 point belts/etc